Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've acquired a few Bell Helmets recently, and wanted to showcase my little collection. I love all of them!

My SNELL 2010 Star Helmet:

This was my first Bell. After trying on the samples my rep brought over, I knew this was gonna be my next helmet. Even compared to the new Shoei's and Arai's, I like this one better. Its light weight, fits great on my head, offers nice stability at high speed and ventilates really really well. Its easily the loudest full face helmet Ive ever owned but since I always wear earplugs that doesn't matter to me.

My Moto-8 Helmet:

I just got this one a couple weeks ago. This is my first MX helmet and I am extremely happy with it. The fit is nice and snug, its very light, looks badass, and comes with a spare visor and hardware in case I damage it. I havent had too many MX helmets on my head yet, but this one is the best Ive ever tried, by far.

My Custom 500 Stunt Helmet:

This helmet was actually a return from someone who needed a bigger size. We put it on the shelf to resell it, but we found that we couldn't stop picking it up. Then we starting wearing it for quick rides to the taco shop and the liquor store, which lead to screwing around in the parking lot with it, so we just decided to keep it. Whats great is you cannot wear this helmet without a smile on your face. Its also our "test helmet" when I let people take my supermoto around the block, and I love seeing them come back with the biggest smile on their faces. This helmet is just fun.

I highly recommend Bell helmets to anyone interested in a new lid! :thumbup:

·
dont fake the funk
1,814 Posts
thanks for the reviews! i posted on ur page that i might be able to stop by the store in dec. im lookin forward to tryin on sum lids that aren't available in my area

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I've heard good and bad things about bell and I'm talking about their recent ones. I personally don't know. I wouldn't mind tryin one but can't justify purchasing a Bell over one of the GP Tech that I absolutely love.

·
Y(o_o)Y
1,365 Posts
Awesome review Disco! At a trackday I attended earlier this year, a rider went down wearing his brand new Bell helmet...it was a pretty wicked wreck and he hit his head hard, but the helmet definitely did its job VERY well!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We stock Arai and AGV as well. I do like GP Techs, but the Bell just fits my head a lot better. Also compared to the GP Tech, the Star allows for much more visibility; I feel like the top pad on the GP Tech limits your field of view. Both are awesome lids though.

·
dont fake the funk
1,814 Posts
im currently using a scorpion exo700. its the only helmet ive owned in my 2 1/2 yrs of riding. no complaints after 22k miles riding with it. but its def time for a new lid and im excited to try something new if i can find a good deal on a lid that fits like the scorp 700

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Diego looks like I might have try one of those Bell Star helmets. I'll be hitting u up soon just need to save some money. Just got a 520 Kit with sprockets and sone track fairings to work on over the winter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts