Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I've had my bike around for about a month and it was stolen last night in front of 4499 via marisol in East Los Angeles, CA. Please keep your eyes out for Gray 07 R6 with red outlined rims, half red fuel tank, red rear wheel cover and graves exhaust. I know that the chances of getting it back in tact is very low, if not 0. The picture of my bike is on the profile.

LP# 19B3515
VIN# JYARJ12Y57A005823

Thank you,

·
\o/
101 Posts
Sorry to hear that! I had a brand new R1 and it was stolen few months after. Never got her back. Hope your insurance pays you well. Good luck!

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
time to get a police report, make an insurance claim and start shopping for a new bike. what's better than shopping for a new bike?!

s3aturnr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, yes I did file the report asap when I didn't see my bike and unfortunately, I had it insured only for liability. I double checked and it didn't have comprehensive coverage.

·
\o/
101 Posts
Oh man!!!! Hope they recover your bike and always, always full coverage for motorcycle. That's what I did since I got my first bike and insurance always took care of me when needed it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will def. do so in the future, but for now; I'm just stuck. I've asked around the neighborhood and apparently 2 guys had their motorcycle stolen about a year ago and never heard back :/

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
thanks guys, yes I did file the report asap when I didn't see my bike and unfortunately, I had it insured only for liability. I double checked and it didn't have comprehensive coverage.
well, chalk that up as a lesson learned. you'll likely never see that bike again...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im guessing so too, I only had it for about a month. More I look into about the whole bike theft, more I get discouraged. This really sucks, worthless scumbags.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dang man I'm sorry to hear! I had my bike lifted back in 2010 in sfv. Hope it turns up for you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry to hear. I'd surf craigslist and ebay for the entire state for the next few months and see if you recognize any parts that come up.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Who did you buy it from? With only owning it for a month, I'd start looking at people who know you recently bought a motorcycle. Start with the previous owner who a) might have another copy of the key, and b) probably knows where you live.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1Bronco,
I'm on it, I've been surfing craigslist, ebay, etc trying to go through all the used bike sites. Thanks for the advice, searchtempest.com is actually a really good site for joint search of the two.

RC51,
Thank for your advice as well, however I trust the seller who sold me the bike as he was very kind. Also we kept in touch after he sold me the bike and told him that it was stolen. He was willing to help me out, letting all of his friends know to keep an eye out for it. Also unfortunately, the bike was stolen not from my house, but my friend's place. It was dumb of me to think that leaving it parked out on the street was going to o.k. with the whole neighborhood being clean and nice. I believe the weight of my fault is as great of the asshole who took it :/ Lesson learned at an expense of 6k...

·
My bike hates me
776 Posts
This is why you are supposed to shoot theives if you catch them.. Get them the Fcuk out of here. Sorry to hear about your bike man..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Quig, I've been looking around cctv's of the surrounding apartments but man.. no hope all I have access to currently is one cctv which shows the street 50ft down but not at my bike.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
sorry to hear that..i know that place. near lupe's burritos? not a bad area but i would never leave it outside for a long period of time. post a better / bigger pic of the bike and your email. im always on CL checking out parts. might come across yours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry to hear that..i know that place. near lupe's burritos? not a bad area but i would never leave it outside for a long period of time. post a better / bigger pic of the bike and your email. im always on CL checking out parts. might come across yours.
It was my first time there, I went over to my friend's place and it was gone by 9 pm. Thank you so much. Check out this link,

http://imgur.com/a/dDwNh

Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of my bike.. and the titanium wrap of the exhaust was taken the night before it was stolen :mad: it took me 4 hours to install and rode only about 3 hours with it and... gone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts