Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Metal Millitia
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike had a Yoshimura R55 slip on with a carbon fiber end- I sold it for $180. Guess I sold it for pretty cheap- lol. My bike is currently can-less. I am weighing my options as far as to what to purchase next.

I like the look of the SC project cans, or a Termi, but I want to eliminate the cat box. If I go that route, is it it best to combine it with a MJS header?
I would like to purchase a full exhaust such as Graves but I really don't have the funds to do so- that option looks like it is out.

What do you guys recommend as a good combination with a MJS header and slip on? I want the bike to be louder, and perhaps get a little more performance.

Thanks

·
Hello
527 Posts
Stock headers already flow pretty well...and some will say losing the underbelly muffler with a y pipe and keeping the stock headers is the best route. It also depends on your purpose with the bike. Track where you will constantly be in the upper rev range? Street? I was going to go MJS header when I flashed my ECU. And it was the opinion of the trusted one who flashed it to keep the factory header as they will provide just enough back pressure for lower RPMs on the street. Prepare yourself for a multitude of answers on this one...lol

·
Metal Millitia
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Stock headers already flow pretty well...and some will say losing the underbelly muffler with a y pipe and keeping the stock headers is the best route. It also depends on your purpose with the bike. Track where you will constantly be in the upper rev range? Street? I was going to go MJS header when I flashed my ECU. And it was the opinion of the trusted one who flashed it to keep the factory header as they will provide just enough back pressure for lower RPMs on the street. Prepare yourself for a multitude of answers on this one...lol
Crickets chirping*** lol. Thanks for your feed back, I've been looking at the MJS Y pipe. I think I will go that route because I don't track my bike. I commute mostly- back and forth to work and school- some spirited riding here and there. I've read that hotbodies growler is garbage, so I will look at either a Termi or a SC project as a slip on.

What do the "smog block off plates" do and when are they used?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Smooth
298 Posts
m4 makes a mid pipe as well that well delete your cat box and work with stock headers and most slip ons. and for the smog block off plates do a search man come on its not that hard.

·
Metal Millitia
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
m4 makes a mid pipe as well that well delete your cat box and work with stock headers and most slip ons. and for the smog block off plates do a search man come on its not that hard.

I'm leaning towards a mid pipe/slip on combo.
I read about the smog b/o plates.
Now I know.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts