Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed yesterday that when I turn the bike off and pull the key out, my gauges stay lit and the running lights/headlights stay on. I thought it was weird but didnt really think anything of it... maybe it would go away. Its still happening today. Any idea what the problem could be?? Loose ground maybe? I'm an electrical idiot so any help would be appreciated. The only way to get them off is to try to start the bike with the key out. Its like theres not enough juice to turn the starter over and it kills everything...lights out. It seems like theres extra power running through the wires somewhere and it takes a while for it to all drain out. For some reason, taking the key out isnt killing the electrical stuff. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
110 Posts
Loose ground problem is ones where the bike won't start at all. Chances are you might have a sticking relay. Find the relay and give it a tap with your finger. Look in the service manual for the main relay, might be under your seat. Or it could be your key hole where its not really turning off the cylinder may turn but not the internals....checkthe relay first. Easier to check.

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loose ground problem is ones where the bike won't start at all. Chances are you might have a sticking relay. Find the relay and give it a tap with your finger. Look in the service manual for the main relay, might be under your seat. Or it could be your key hole where its not really turning off the cylinder may turn but not the internals....checkthe relay first. Easier to check.
frickin GENIUS. thats exactly what it was. I installed a relay for my HIDs and put a switch inline. When the switch is on, the electronics wont turn off. When the switch is off, they do. Thanks for the help!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts