Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY BLUE FLAME CARBON WAS ON MY DOORSTEP WAITING FOR ME WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK.I WAS HAPPY AS A PIG IN SHIT I WAITED THREE MONTHS FOR IT. I PURCHASED IT FROM HAMMY IN FEBURARY BUT THEY HAD A BAD SHIPMENT OF CARBON FIBER AND HAD TO REFUSE IT. IT WAS TOTALLY OUT OF HIS HANDS AND HE KEPT ME UP TO DATE THROUGH E MAIL I WOULD DEFIANTLY DO BUSINESS WITH HAMMY AGAIN THE PIPE IS BAD ASS IT LOOKS AWSOME AND SOUNDS GREAT INSTALL WAS A LITTLE TRICKY TO GET EVERYTHING LINED UP SOUND GREAT WHEN THE BAFFLES ARE IN BUT WHEN YOU REMOVE THE BAFFLE AND THE BLANKING PLUG IT ROARS WHEN IAM RIDING IT YOU CAN FEEL THE RUMBLE LIKE I GOT A BASS TUBE IN MY CHEST ILL POST SOME PIC SOON AND TRY TO GET A SOUND CLIP FOR YOU GUYS

·
Registered
829 Posts
Glad everything worked out to your satisfaction! Let me know on the sound clip and I can host it for you.

-DJ1298

·
Registered
15 Posts
still waiting for mine to. I know it will be worth the wait but waiting sure does suck. i'll post pics and vids when i get it and put it on.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
The Blue Flame how has a cult. jk

Glad to hear that they are still shipping their previous orders before the rights were sold.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have mine on order too and i cant wait :jump. how hard is it exactly to mess around with the baffles and alter sound?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Bigphil said:
i have mine on order too and i cant wait :jump. how hard is it exactly to mess around with the baffles and alter sound?
Believe me, you won't want to alter the sound..........

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Bigphil said:

If you got the EVO then you're probably gonna want to remove the plug from the smaller of the dual ports. I started her up with the plug in and it sounded muffled. So it took it off and it sounds great...nice DEEP idle and roars above 8 grand in any gear.

My only question is how do you remove the top plug??? If anyone knows please tell me...i want my shit to YELL AND SCREAM AT ALL GEARS...

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah i got the evo dual port.

i was afraid cause i heard from somebody who "knows" what they sound like that they arent all they are cracked up to be.

i heard one on a cbr and it sounded good, so if that can happen.....

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
you won't be disappointed. i never heard it b4 so i took a gamble and now i'm happy...very happy...i'll put up a sound clip tomorrow after i get off work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i got it, put it on and after breaking 2 pairs of snap ring pliers got the lower plug out. on a scale of 1-10 vs any other exhaust i have heard its a 10. my R6 sounds deeper and more aggressive then my friends 03 gixxor w/yosh. its just insane what this exhaust did for my bike. the lower plug was an actual plug that stopped flow held in by a snap ring. i have heard that there are flow plugs top and bottom. i never put that snap ring back in so is there something behind there on the bottom? on the top it looks like you just take the snap ring out and its the same as the lower. i really cant imagine the sound that beast would make with all the plugs out. the second i installed it the rain started to pour and hasnt stopped since :roll: so i dont know how it roars on the road but it shakes shit in my garage.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
hey take a pic if you could of what your ports look like for me....i got the bottom plug out but there wasn't one in the top...I took the rings out of both but when i took the ring out of the top port there was nothing that came out????? I don't even know if there was anything in there to begin with....help me with some pics please.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
another convert! i'd like to help you out with the snap ring question but i have no idea. mine is one of the dual outlet race cans so it has no provisions for plugs. wait till you get it out on the road!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
penfold said:
another convert! i'd like to help you out with the snap ring question but i have no idea. mine is one of the dual outlet race cans so it has no provisions for plugs. wait till you get it out on the road!
yea you'll get a boner cuz you'll like the sound so much....what?????

·
Registered
28 Posts
i finally got to take it out for 15 mins, your right about the boner thing....

i havent actually taken the top flow plug out. on mine it looks like i could take the internal port out so then it can use the full size of the top port on the can.

blueflame is by far the best exhaust i have ever heard.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
its like LOUD but the sound is just so amazing that you can't get enough of it...it never sounds bad...no matter where your revs are at or what you do...it always sounds good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts