Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my r6 and put it up on a wheel stand to change the fluids and change spark plugs put it in gear and watched wheel spin the chain is real sloppy. the guy before me put Vortex Racing 520 Chain Conversion Kit with RK-XSO Chain. is there a way to tell if i need to take out a link or can i just bring the back wheel back to tighten it up any help will be great thanks

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
post a pic, bring the wheel back,if you have room

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know i have the room to bring it back some didnt know if theres a limit to how much i can bring it back before its unsafe. i will get a pic .is it hard to move the wheel back ive never done it

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Just adjust the wheel back for less slack.

Loosen the axle nut. use a 10mm and bring it back. Tighten axle nut, done.

·
Live Love burn Die.
270 Posts
my stock chain bounced a little when rotated up on the stand too.. i just thought it was the chain getting torqued and untorqued since there is literally no load on the transmission

by sloppy.. i assume you mean it bounces around... but then again "assume" makes an ass of u and me! but for real, sorry if thats not what your referring to

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no my buddy has a cbr 600 and his chain isnt lose like mine i think its pretty bad looks like it could jump off the sprocket .im sure you have to bring back both sides even so wheel doesnt get cocked correct

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
no my buddy has a cbr 600 and his chain isnt lose like mine i think its pretty bad looks like it could jump off the sprocket .im sure you have to bring back both sides even so wheel doesnt get cocked correct
:lmao He said "Cocked"

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Yes, put bike on stand, loosen axle nut, rotate adjusters on both sides until chain is tightened to proper spec, retighten axle nut. It's really quite simple. You can google how tight it should be if you are unsure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys i watched it on youtube it is easy like anything else in life once you do it once its easy i changed plugs,coolant and oil was real easy from the help of the search button on this site thanks guys

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I don't even use a rear stand when I adjust my chain.

I'm probably suppose to use the stand but, fcuk it, I'm lazy.

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts
I think I'm losing it
It's like someone posted this website on every billboard/telephone pole.. 'IF YOU HAVE A BIKE GO TO R6.FORUM.COM' :nono fcuking noobs, learn the search button. K thx bai :wave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts