Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
do u even lean
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just witnessed my 07 r6 getting dyno. I have mjs headers gytr exhaust sprint air filter power commander 5..

The results are in 131.36 bhp @148.50 rpm was best run other run was 131.28 bhp @ 148.10 rpm. the first run on the dyno was 119.99 bhp @145.50 rpm. after the back flips and cart wheels I did from the results. took it for a ride and I felt the difference in every aspect of the ride from launch to ripping thru the gears. I love my bike.

·
Registered
351 Posts
thats a real optimistic dyno. my buddies 07 gsxr 750 with a slip on only makes 127 and thats on a dyno calibrated to national standards. keep in mind that the number is only part of the equation, its the way it gets to the peak number that counts. its great if the bike makes 200 hp but it under 10000 rpm it makes 60 and then suddenly jumps it leaves you with a useless powerband. but i agree with the fella above, dyno is really optimistic. hell even my buddy who has a built zx6r, a full blown race bike thats raced at the nationals by pros only makes in the low 12x and mid 12x on race gas

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Yeah, Im sorry to tell you that that dyno is dramatically inflated. Your bike is likely in the 109hp area. Sorry.

My fully built big bore zx6r with pretty much everything except custom cams (have race kit cams, though) only makes 139 hp on a gauranteed legit dyno and at the last drag weekend, it was running down stock busas and 1ks. It went 9.52 at 144. That is an immense number for a 600. And it still has plenty of room for improvement. I expect 9.2x out of it. To put that in perspective, the stock zx14 when it came out was doing 9.6-9.8 stock. That's with literally more than twice the motor displacement. And this is running those down. And it cost a fcukload more than an MJS and whatever else you have, unless you have a big bore motor with a fully ported head. If you dont have that, your dyno guy is full of crap and if you bring this dyno slip to a real shop that gives legit numbers, they are going to laugh at you.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
:laugh
Sounds like you got an R1 engine in there.
While sorry, the R1 engine isn't that sorry. I wanna say the fist gen R1 was like 135-145hp though.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
How much is that to the wheel tho

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Hears my thought on Dyno runs and numbers.
I look at a Dyno as just a tool, a great wonderful tuning tool. F#@k the numbers, just get a good solid tune and be happy. It's best to get a base run on your machine before mods, then get a tune after on the same Dyno. Then you can see the increase from your base run.
I hade/have a 660 (686) Raptor that made 30 brake hp stock, I moded it to a 3 plug, ported camed so on trail monster that put out 67 hp and 56 ft# tq. So I new that whatever my base power was, I more than doubled my power. If that makes any sense to you. .;)
That's just my experience with it.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
But getting a dyno tune one day and another one in a month will always get different results. Air temp/flow, humidity, the dyno etc all play into the numbers

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
But getting a dyno tune one day and another one in a month will always get different results. Air temp/flow, humidity, the dyno etc all play into the numbers

Absolutely.

·
do u even lean
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now if I post the videos and the print outs or even take u to the dyno shop and do it again for all those hating on my runs

·
do u even lean
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats a real optimistic dyno. my buddies 07 gsxr 750 with a slip on only makes 127 and thats on a dyno calibrated to national standards. keep in mind that the number is only part of the equation, its the way it gets to the peak number that counts. its great if the bike makes 200 hp but it under 10000 rpm it makes 60 and then suddenly jumps it leaves you with a useless powerband. but i agree with the fella above, dyno is really optimistic. hell even my buddy who has a built zx6r, a full blown race bike thats raced at the nationals by pros only makes in the low 12x and mid 12x on race gas
Read what ur writing a 750 with a slip on that's it no air filter no headers no power commander wtf u expect get serious people wow

·
do u even lean
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, Im sorry to tell you that that dyno is dramatically inflated. Your bike is likely in the 109hp area. Sorry.

My fully built big bore zx6r with pretty much everything except custom cams (have race kit cams, though) only makes 139 hp on a gauranteed legit dyno and at the last drag weekend, it was running down stock busas and 1ks. It went 9.52 at 144. That is an immense number for a 600. And it still has plenty of room for improvement. I expect 9.2x out of it. To put that in perspective, the stock zx14 when it came out was doing 9.6-9.8 stock. That's with literally more than twice the motor displacement. And this is running those down. And it cost a fcukload more than an MJS and whatever else you have, unless you have a big bore motor with a fully ported head. If you dont have that, your dyno guy is full of crap and if you bring this dyno slip to a real shop that gives legit numbers, they are going to laugh at you.
The Dyno company I went to is legit and if that's all u got is 139 then I'm sorry ur bike not tuned bring to my shop and we fix that problem I got my print outs and video to back up the bike

·
do u even lean
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much is that to the wheel tho
I'm not sure how much that is to the wheel but what I sm sure is that that rear wheel is very pushy now lol the reason I got Dyno is so I know my bike is tuned and running right didn't care bout how much hp just that engine is right with the mods I did

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
I'm not sure how much that is to the wheel but what I sm sure is that that rear wheel is very pushy now lol the reason I got Dyno is so I know my bike is tuned and running right didn't care bout how much hp just that engine is right with the mods I did
:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Man, let me give you my opinion. headers, filter, and pcv wont give you 30-40hp over stock #'s. My 2012 also has full exhaust, filter and bazzaz unit and my ecu also has been flashed. I only made 108.7 hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you guys are getting less than advertised horsepower from your Yamaha r6 then take it back to the dealer and get your money back. Yamaha clearly states that at 14500 rpm it puts out roughly 122 hp. bone stock.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
If you guys are getting less than advertised horsepower from your Yamaha r6 then take it back to the dealer and get your money back. Yamaha clearly states that at 14500 rpm it puts out roughly 122 hp. bone stock.

Everyone is referring to horsepower at the rear wheel. There is roughly 15% loss from BHP to RWHP

1 - 20 of 55 Posts