Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just got my first bike - 2003 YZF R6. It's so smooth compared to all the other bikes I've ridden! Thanks for indirectly helping me know how to find a good bike. :cheers

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Nice bike.

BE CAREFUL!!!

Wouldnt want you to wreck such a pretty bike...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jasamb said:
Nice bike.

BE CAREFUL!!!

Wouldnt want you to wreck such a pretty bike...
i don't plan on it. the only time i almost fell was the first time i tried to do a Uturn residential street... :roll: i'm amussed driving to work look to the left... big ass truck and the driver staring at the bike, drifting into your lane, look to the right - dumb bitch on a cell phone ranting oblivious to you... life is interesting being invisable :moon

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yep,, and get used to it on a DAILY occasion!!!!!!! NOT A JOKE.

Don't mess with a cage, you WILL lose, just get out of their way and let them do what they are going to do!

Also, The ONLY way to stay alive on a bike is to be 100% DEFENSIVE, always know something IS going to happen.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
RedlineR6 said:
Yep,, and get used to it on a DAILY occasion!!!!!!! NOT A JOKE.

Don't mess with a cage, you WILL lose, just get out of their way and let them do what they are going to do!

Also, The ONLY way to stay alive on a bike is to be 100% DEFENSIVE, always know something IS going to happen.
Good call Redline,

When I ride, I assume that every car is going to swerve at me. I am constantly planning quick-outs for when it happens. If a situation comes up where I can't see a possible way out, I AVOID THE SITUATION ALTOGETHER!!!

This doesn't mean you have to ride like a pussy (I definatelydont), just plan ahead (and dont do anything that is going to use up your full $10 worth of concentration,you never know when you might need to do some "quick thinking")

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes welcome to the site! Sweet ride....How do you like the high mount M4 slip on?

-DJ1298

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it sounds pretty awesome and i like the look. performence wise - i have nothing to compare it too. but i have no complaints.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
congrats on buying the fastest model of the 03 R6. Not many people know that the silver/black combo has a better drag coefficient due to trace amounts of Teflon in the black and silver paints!

And heed jasamb's and red's words. very good advice from the two of them (which I find utterly amazing but that's another topic for another day)......

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
congrats on buying the fastest model of the 03 R6. Not many people know that the silver/black combo has a better drag coefficient due to trace amounts of Teflon in the black and silver paints!
but pen if it has teflon in it how does it stick to the motorcycle. :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts