Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hotbodies undertail and since it fits like crap water seeps through when i wash it. Also, the taillight peice if you push it falls in. What can I do to hold the taillight in place. I thought of a glue gun? I want it to hold the tail light in place but dont want it to be to permanant. Any Ideas??

Thanks

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
on mine, that double sided foam tape crap was the first thing pulled off....and I put the lights in there with a dab of hot glue to hold it in place, but just a tiny bit, cuz the hot glue doesn't stick well to it...then I used Liquid Nails to hold it in for good. Any silicone would work, but don't use too much, you may need to take it out someday

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
just caulk it in place...then if you ever need to take it out you can just getcha a razorblade and cut it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Did you actually use the caulk? Sounds like a good idea. Silicone seems a little to permanant for me. Did you caulk around the whole tail peice? thanks again

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
ohh no not around the whole piece just the headlights. And i didnt use a bunch. Just cut a small amount off the top of the nozzle and use a small bead of caulk works great!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
i wouldn't go all the way around...even as stock parts, they are not sealed. I used the liquid nails and put about 4 big "globs". Let it dry and it was solid. Let it dry overnight tho!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i just sealed in the bottom part of the tiallights and left the top alone. works good. but definately don't go around the whole tail section...you'll be sorry if you do and probably have a chopped up tail section if you ever have to take it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts