Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since there arent many pictures of the HR1 or myself included, I figured I would just post some quick pics up lol. Anyways here you go!!! Sorry to have my leg covering the exhaust, I know you guys want to see that and not me haha. I guess the last one with the gf is the best angle/shot I have. If you guys are curious I could snap just the slip on.

For those curious about it, let me just say I am in love with it. Nice deep grumble down low, and screams like the moto gp bikes up top. For the sensitive ears I would be weary, it can be a bit much since it is for the most part just coming straight from the headers and nothing else lol.

Attachments

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
How does it ride after installing the HR1 without a tune or PC? Are there any major changes in throttle response or power?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looks good bro...I'll add my bad picture to your good ones:YEA

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm assuming you guys just went with the slip-on and not the full exhaust system, right? Did you guys notice anything lost with the slip-on? I'm curious because I'd like to put this on mine...Thanks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm assuming you guys just went with the slip-on and not the full exhaust system, right? Did you guys notice anything lost with the slip-on? I'm curious because I'd like to put this on mine...Thanks.
Correct, just the slip-on. Power loss...no, but if you are putting on an after market air filter your going to want to get the PCIII and a custom tune.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know that I'd go with a new filter. My bike is bone stock. I'd like to just put it on and go...with no adjustments. Is that a possibility? Thanks...

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do answer a majority of the questions since they seem to relate, I believe most of us who have the slip on bought it initially as just a slip on w/out the filter as was my case. This is my first performance mod and I DO NOT have a Power Commander or an air filter. I actually feel that it is a better response if anything and can breathe better w/out the restriction. It is really close to my swing arm if not touching (depends on angle), but its been a couple 100 miles and so far so good!

Im not too sure about lean or richness so I dont want to potentially turn anyone away. I really enjoy the pipe so far, good sound and looks great! Ive been running my bike fine so Im sure you guys will be good too. I dont plan on getting any aftermarket filters or PC III for a bit so I believe you guys should be fine. Maybe other people with the same pipe and set up can chime in as well. But yea, if your looking for a short gp style pipe, get this one you wont be dissapointed!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
^+1 The pipe was actually designed so it could be used on a "stock" bike without any fuel management corrections. Just keep everything else stock and you'll be good.

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
ill throw in mune too! lol

i love the exhaust!

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
ive got the power commander, a bmc filter, and the hr1. It all goes together well!!

for those wondering.

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
I am thinking of buying this exhaust, but have one question. I've got an '05, where the stock exhaust goes up by the passenger foot peg and mounts to it. If I were to use the HR1, I wouldn't need that mount on the foot peg anymore. What do I do with the mount that's still on the foot peg? Can I get a new foot peg without a mount on it? Like a newer model one?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am thinking of buying this exhaust, but have one question. I've got an '05, where the stock exhaust goes up by the passenger foot peg and mounts to it. If I were to use the HR1, I wouldn't need that mount on the foot peg anymore. What do I do with the mount that's still on the foot peg? Can I get a new foot peg without a mount on it? Like a newer model one?
You can just shave it off like I did, then powder coat it. I don't think the later pegs will work on our '05's but I may be wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts