Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its gonna hide out in the garage till X-mas but I think he is going to be stoked! :D

Edit: He was excited to say the least! Just to nasty outside to try it out yet. and yeah it got some new graphics slapped on it before he got it. :toocool:

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Bitchen...How old is he?

Im getting my 6yo a little quad for xmas

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bitchen...How old is he?

Im getting my 6yo a little quad for xmas
He will be 4 in Feb. He's been riding his bicycle with out training wheels for several months now and is about to wear it out, so its time to move up!

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Awesome...definitely time to step it up...:fact

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I'm stoked FOR him. :YEA

·
You wanna touch my what?
1,307 Posts
:laugh Thanks man! Keep them busy and interested in diff. stuff and maybe they'll stay out of trouble.
Awww shit..my son just turned 3 and it's all I can do to keep from getting him one. I know last year (or so) nobody was selling 50's do to the lead ban and all that shit--Apparently that's not an issue anymore? I like the CRF50..mind me asking what you paid for the yamaha? Great shit!

·
Track Aficionado
1,184 Posts
Sweet!

I bought a TTR-50 for my kiddo when he was 5 ($800 OTD). Even though he could ride a bike without training wheels, I had to bolt a set of training wheels onto the 50 because he wasn't tall enough to flat-foot it, and restrict the throttle because it was extremely fast with tons of torque.

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
Awesome father for sure. I always wanted a dirtbike when I was a kid.
I want a cool pit bike as well now and might get one soon LOL!!!!

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awww shit..my son just turned 3 and it's all I can do to keep from getting him one. I know last year (or so) nobody was selling 50's do to the lead ban and all that shit--Apparently that's not an issue anymore? I like the CRF50..mind me asking what you paid for the yamaha? Great shit!
$700 OTD and yeah they lifted the ban a while back but there not sure if there gonna do something else later? I was between the crf50 and the tt-r because the crf is a little smaller and lighter but only has the kick start and the ttr- only has the electric start but you can add the kick starter to it, so with my son being so young i figured it would benefit him more being electric start and I can always add the kicker if i want and feel he can kick start it on his own.
Sweet!

I bought a TTR-50 for my kiddo when he was 5 ($800 OTD). Even though he could ride a bike without training wheels, I had to bolt a set of training wheels onto the 50 because he wasn't tall enough to flat-foot it, and restrict the throttle because it was extremely fast with tons of torque.
Yeah he cant flat foot either(even on his bicycle) and I am thinking i may get a set of training wheels too but i was gonna give him a chance 1st because he is crazy good on his bicycle. And I will prob. set the throttle back on him and stick it in 2nd and remove the gear shifter.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Heck yea!!!! I plan on getting my boy one about the same age. If he's ready anyways. He loves watching anything with motorcycles already. Be sure and post some christmas pics up.

·
Registered
452 Posts
That's awesome, I was thinking of getting my daughter one but she is still afraid to ride her bike without the training wheels. She is 5 already and I don't know if I should just get it for her anyway and she if she likes the 50 better. Anyway, good luck trying to keep that hiden.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very cool. I'm sure he's gonna be happy as hell to get that as his present :fact
Hopefully he doesn't find it before X-Mas :laugh
Heck yea!!!! I plan on getting my boy one about the same age. If he's ready anyways. He loves watching anything with motorcycles already. Be sure and post some christmas pics up.
That's awesome, I was thinking of getting my daughter one but she is still afraid to ride her bike without the training wheels. She is 5 already and I don't know if I should just get it for her anyway and she if she likes the 50 better. Anyway, good luck trying to keep that hiden.
I hope I can keep it hidden too! we should be good though, I've got it locked down. I can't even imagine what his reaction will really be like? He is obsessed with anything to do with bikes! There will be some video recording involved for sure! :yes

1 - 20 of 45 Posts