Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any members are thinking about putting a mid-pipe on their 06+ R6 instead of a full system this is the way to go. Forget the hassle of cutting and welding yours and give Mike a shot. My experience with him and his product have been great. He replies to questions usually within 24 hours and his turn around time was less than a day. There was a significant weight difference and the bike feels completely different now. I reused my stock muffler with the exup disconnected and it sounds like an F1 race car at high rpms. For the $$ this mod is worth it. Thanks Mike!!! :bow Here's some pics of the install/product.

Stock Header vs. MJS modified

Stock header removed

New header installed

Stock muffler installed (exup disconnected)

I like the stock look (without the stock sound).

Sound/video clips to follow as I need one of the new exhaust. :YEA

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
+1000

Another very satisfied customer lol Im happy with mine as well...actually VERY VERY happy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
+1, mikes been great. I live in Aus, but he is still to this day very quick to reply to emails, very helpful and a great bloke.

Bike runs and sounds great too with the kit.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
anyone running a pc3 and what maps ??
Im running with an akropovic full system map an it runs pretty smooth. Also try'd the graves..i lied it alot ..but with my Girlfriend on the back (for some reason) when in first it idles really low... almost about to stall... so i just use the akropovic map. ( the maps ont he Powercommander website)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was running a graves map for a while, then akra, two bros for a while. I didnt really like any of them, they improved performance but chewed my economy. If your really nice Ill send you my map Im using for the 06. Has helped alot, economy and power gains

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
I was running a graves map for a while, then akra, two bros for a while. I didnt really like any of them, they improved performance but chewed my economy. If your really nice Ill send you my map Im using for the 06. Has helped alot, economy and power gains
May i have a look at your map please :cheers

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
IHAV2P...

Where did ya get those carbon heal guards i want them lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Too bad he is backordered or i would have ordered mine already. i could send him my header,but i dont want to have my bike out of commision for that long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts