Is anyone else collecting these?
I currently have
Ducati 998r, 996,
Yamaha R7, and R1
Kawasaki zx7, 12r
honda F4i, VFR, F4,
MV Agusta F4, and Brutale
Cagiva Mitto 125

Sorry about the crappy picture, I took it with my cell phone here at work.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
If only they were all real and life size! You'd be the next Brian McKnight!

I used to have some of M3's when I had my car but they seemed to have disappeared when my wife and I moved into the house......Fishy if you ask me........ :poke :cuss

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have one...a Yamaha YZF Thunderace 1000...i can't find any of the cool ones like R1's or ZX12's though...i would show you a pic of it but it's dirty, i need to wash it :mrgreen: i also have a video of a 99 Trans Am out running one of those bikes...on TOP END!!! :eek:oh

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been getting mine at Wl-Mart. Look in the toy section. They are sold under the brand name "Kid Connection" and are made by Maisto. All bikes are cast metal with plastic fairings.

They are cheap to...only $1.97 per bike. They also have a pck of 5 bikes. The packs are $10. I bought one yesterday that had the 2 MV's, Cagiva Mitto, and Honda VFR.

There are several out on Ebay, so don't pay $5 +$6 shipping for a $2 model bike. And if anyone ever finds an R6 scale model bike, let me know and I will be purchasing it asap!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My roomy does, has tons of them. He also gets his at wal-mart, but recently haven't been able to find many there. Find some at KBtoys also.

I'll try to get a pic

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a few as well. My favorate is this hugh 929rr that sits on top of my TV. You can also find some a little bit bigger at Kay bee toys or Pilot truck stops. I found a R1 that way that I'm thinking of turning into a R6.

Blade

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Wal-Mart you say, huh? Hmm.... gonna have to show you guys what a real model collection looks like. Well, no, actually, a real model collection would be the fine ass bitches Dave has been posting...... This on the other hand will be to catch Deej's rather volumous collection of fine bikes....

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I have 4 so far:
Ducati 998
Yamaha R1
Honda F4i
Suzuki Gsxr1000

a co-worker told me that he saw a 03 R6 at a nearby Chevron Station!
I will check it out and let you guys know (Dj) :hammer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now that its winter and riding is over for a while, me and some friends figured there was no better time than now to get some coffee and play with these cool bikes. Everything was going so well until a group of girls our age walked in and glared at us playing with our toys. Oh well :roll:

And why not get the waittress to take a shot

Damn, way too cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Too bad the service was terrible. Took a half hour to get a refill on the damn coffee :wtf !

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
grf said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Too bad the service was terrible. Took a half hour to get a refill on the damn coffee :wtf !
That's cuz she was in the back diddlin herself thinkin about those bikes!

Nice bikes though!

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I saw this on Ebay today and thought you guys might have some interest in them. A pair of earlier model R6's Red & Blue from Japan, well that's what the guy specifies and it seems the craftmanship on these models looks well-made and detailed!

click the image :arrow:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
NEVER scene or heard of a scale model R6 made! Could just be me, but my friend that has TONS of scale bikes has looked for couple years now, no luck. Every scale yamaha I see is a R1, hoping to find a legit scale R6 though (we can doctor our own scale R1's) their is still no R6's. If we find one, we'll have to give dj shit for giving away a scale R1 a couple months ago as a give-away :mrgreen:

Just wait dj, we'll find one and fart in your general direction :gas :hammer

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Mikeeh76 I'm sorry to say thay're not R6's they're R1's.

Check the upside down forks for starters & the meatier frame.

I've never seen or heard of R6 models, I'm sure if they made them all of us would probably buy one.

The problem is the average shmo in the street wouldn't know an R1 from an R6 so that probably why the don't make them. Wouldnb't want to confuse them all.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Jeffsy, thanks for clarifying between the R6 & R1. After looking closely, yes it is an R1. It seems the person selling them doesn;t have a clue either. And that shows i am one of those average joe shmo on the street! :stupic
Yeah i am not that familiar with earlier R6 models. Maybe the 03's & 04's :mrgreen:

But you know what, I am still hunting down that 03 R6 scale model that one of my co-workers saw in a Chevron gas station close to my work. I am not sure if he was :BS me or not. But i gotta ask him again.
ANd if i do, i will buy the lot of them and sell them to you guys for a hefty price!!! :cuss

1 - 20 of 28 Posts