Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured id show it, sure its nothin new to you guys. Well maybe a blue 05 is, everyone getting the ravens.

btw, whats the standard operating temp? cant find it in the book.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Very Sexy!! :boob

As much as I like the Raven, I still think the Yamaha blue is an extremely beautiful color. Good choice!

Now, let me be the first one to say, every picture you take will look sooooo much better when you remove the reflectors :mrgreen:

Congrats!

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
yoda said:
Very Sexy!! :boob

As much as I like the Raven, I still think the Yamaha blue is an extremely beautiful color. Good choice!

Now, let me be the first one to say, every picture you take will look sooooo much better when you remove the reflectors :mrgreen:

Congrats!
Yoda thinks blue is faster. :poke

Nice bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blue is faster! :cheers

But yea, I got some work to do but just waiting for some parts to come in and a decently warm day and ill do it all.

probly gonna get one of those tank protector pads and chrome gas cap thingy (I kinda want to see how it installs tho). got a cowl coming from yamaha, probly remove the reflectors and rear seat foot pegs. would be nice to get the flush turn signals and things in the head/tail lights so I dont have them sticking out like that.

probly also try to get rid of that stupid license plate holder, maybe rig up a pivot. gel seat would be nice if they make them (wont be tracking this thing anytime soon) maybe a tinted windshield and high bimmin headlight mod.

And thats abot all I can think.

·
Registered
279 Posts
sexy bike congrats......now as for your other question about normal running temp, depending on the outside weather, its different.... like the other nite i was out with the guys, it was about 53 degrees and the coolant wouldnt pass the 165 range, but once u get in to heavy traffic it'll be up there around the 190-200 zone....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks good! I think Blue is the popular color, everytime I go to a dealership, they have a Raven & Red, but never a Blue.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Nothings faster than RED, I'll spanka blue bike anyday with my reflectors on.............

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think wed get along good yzfmik, same bike, and ive been trying to get the same car (except black) :cheers

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
SpeedSen said:
sexy bike congrats......now as for your other question about normal running temp, depending on the outside weather, its different.... like the other nite i was out with the guys, it was about 53 degrees and the coolant wouldnt pass the 165 range, but once u get in to heavy traffic it'll be up there around the 190-200 zone....
In traffic my bike routinely hits 212 and the fan comes on.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice bike man. Glad to see the financing went through for ya.
I Guess I'm glad I got the Black one it's fast enough for me. :mrgreen:

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttt black will BLOW the blue back anyday anytime any year ,hell any century :) j/k but here in so cal everyones gettin the ravens (including me) but they are sweet like a mofo,when i went and got mine they had 2 blues and 2 ravens and 1 red in but they all just came off the truck but raven is definatley the hot color out here

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Congratulations, ithink blue is the best color anyway I wouldn't change it for anything. Considering they only make 3 colors you are going to see a bunch of your color no matter what. In traffic my bike hits 212 all the time, then the fan kicks on. On the freeway i'm guessing it should be somewhere around 180 +or-. Come to think of it my bike is always over 200 unless i'm on the freeway.

·
Registered
190 Posts
generalchaos said:
I think wed get along good yzfmik, same bike, and ive been trying to get the same car (except black) :cheers
Good luck on getting a T/A, this is my 3rd F-Body ('94 Camaro & '94 T/A GT), love 'em.

·
Knee Draggin Poor Boy
1,238 Posts
Nice bike.

Should have got the raven.....j/k, color is personal preference and the "which color is faster" fight will go on till we die of old age. Whoopersnapper.

As for temp, all my buddies bikes run at 200-212 degrees farenheight.
MY green 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L iron block V8 always runs at 200 Degrees Farenheight all day long. Not sure if that helps on the R6 though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts