Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Devil SB2, BF Dual Port or Yoshi

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got my new exhaust from this seller on ebay...the installation took me less than 20mins...after it was done...i fired the baby up and was disappointed with the sound...I will never buy another akra again...I thought that the sound clip of the akra was a lame...but went ahead n brought it anyway...man i'm so disappointed...guess I can give it to my buddy for his b-day or sell it back on ebay...so any way...now I"m lookin at either a devil, bf or yoshi (either RS-3 or TRS)...not sure whether i want high mount or not...but definately carbon fiber tho...sigh* this is gettin expensive...all my money now goes to my bike...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Devil Sb2 Polished HighMoUnT ... thas waht im gettin b4 riding season
starts agian .. i can't wait, but i've only heard good things about that, never read ne thing bad about it ... its deep and loud which makes it sound hella nice ...

$uHa$ :twisted:

·
Registered
283 Posts
akro's get louder with break in ,.. but there not as loud as others ,..

there more for performance..

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
the microns sound wicked ,i think thats what im gonna put on my '05.........

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided to go with the BF dual port carbon fiber high mount. Just ordered it from Hammy today should expect to receive it within 2-3 weeks...will post pictures once it arrives and before the installation

Q

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aahhhhhh!!!!

this sucks...it hasn't even been a week yet and I'm losing patients..especially when I got the flu or influenza...From what I read on the forum, BF seems like a damn good pipe...hopefully the wait is worth it and that I won't be as disappointed with it like I was with the akrapovic

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
njk27 said:
Akra is sweet, I can not figure out why you were disappointed.
It didn't have that deep throaty growl I was lookin for...so I took it off and sold it back on ebay...still waiting for the BF

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just remember that most exhausts will get louder or sound a little different after break-in

·
Registered
211 Posts
Too bad U sold it back on ebay, because I would have traded you for a carbon D&D! After having mine for a while an Akra sounds great man.
:hammer

·
Registered
406 Posts
njk27 said:
Akra is sweet, I can not figure out why you were disappointed.
I 2nd that..., if it's sound ya want, build your own straight pipe out of mandrel bar, and tack weld on a couple baffle-less tips for looks..., it's what my buddy did, and he was setting off car alarms half a block down. If anyone wants to see it, I'll see if he'll send me pics.

Basically, He bent pipe to two tips, hugging the undertail, either side of his liscense plate..., then tacked on a couple 18" chrome tips..., looked sweet on his 03 R6, his brother made a set for his 03 ZX-6R..., loud as hell, gave me headaches riding behind, so I made them let me lead all last summer - lol. Everything was measured out, equal pressure across both outlets..., but I have no idea what the plugs and internals looked like after a few thousand miles.

Not to be cliche..., but sound doesn't give ya better times..., but to each his own.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote="r6dirtydave]but sound doesn't give ya better times..., but to each his own.[/quote]
Yeah I could care less bout time or performance...I just wanna be heard...but I hated the way D&D sound...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I"m so happy today...thanks Brian, you're the man...got my exhaust faster than expected...too bad I won't have time to install until the weekend

btw...I got the dual port, but the one on the bottom is plugged up...what gives...I haven't examine it that close to see if it's removeable or not...but is the port on the bottom just for cosmetic looks? I was under the impression that I will have both ports being "exhaustable" or how ever you want to call it...not having one having air coming out of while the other is a dudd...well if other ppl have the same dual ported BF exhaust please correct me on this as I haven't examine the exhaust that close yet other than opening the package...

btw...the exhaust was nicely package and secure, thanks again Brain

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
The bottom exhaust port has a blanking plug that is fully removable. It's a true exhaust port that gasses can pass through. With the dual port configuration you can get up to four different sound options. :jump

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
There should have been a plug in the bottom and a baffle in the top.

They were a PITA to get out. I bent the the C-clips all to shit. I couldn't put the baffles back in if I wanted to, which I don't.

You will LOVE the way it sounds, words won't do it justice, you will see what I mean when you get it on.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts