Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 1991 Honda Civic hatchback is pretty tired these days. I have been punishing it for about 2 years. the a/c finaly gave out, and the half shafts are shot, 3rd gear grinds, and the clutch has seen better days.

So I bought a 2002 VW GTI 337. If you don't know the 337 is a limited edition that came with aluminum dash inserts and pedals, 6 speed tranny, lowered with the side skirts, wing, front spoiler and Recaro seats. There were 1500 made for 2002. It is the same package as the 20th aniversary 2003 model.

I bought it from an indivual who took real good care of it. He had all receipts. He added Autometer C2 boost and EGT gauges, Greddy B.O.V., Cold air intake, anodized stainless steel turbo piping, APR chip with 93 octane fuel map, Euro sport down pipe, 3" high flow cat and full exhaust, Eibach sportline springs, Koni shocks, and 18" rims.

pics:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like it!!!! I'm an R6 and VW owner also. I have a 93 Corrado (as my cool car), and a 90 Jetta (as my beater) as well as the 6.

·
Registered
273 Posts
OT: I've liked VW ever since but am sketchy on their reliability compared to several Hondas I've owned and modified. What are your experiences with VW, anyone?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm going to get a truck, or a Jeep... maybe a Nissan X-Terra. So, if I need to haul my 6 across country to see my fam in Kansas City, KS (SWEET TOWN by the way, wouldn't think so, but it is). Anyways, yeah, definately truck. The money I save with gas on the 6, I'll invest into truck mpg.

-Solace

P.S. Nice wheels though... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Deej is just straight pimpin down in TX :boob :hump :boob :hump

Kinda puts my '94 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins TD to shame. But the truck sure does come in handy for makin a couple of extra bucks on the side doing all sorts of stuff since it literally can haul ass......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts