Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say thanks to Hammy the can man for a smooth transaction. I'm a happy customer.. here's some updates to what i did with my 6.

some more shots of the carbon fairings...

right side.. with the new exhaust i got...

here's the left side of the bike.. i replaced the stator cover with some aftermarket ones..

rear shot.. i went with the UFO lights for signals..

last but least.. my last treat for myself... finally got my boots in last sat..

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah, what kinda sound does it make? I'll most likely get a slip on in the next 2 months and at first i was looking at the Jardine. Looks like a great slip-on but i think i would like something just a little but quiter and deeper. But im not looking for a quite one either :hammer

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hey SilverR6 how hot does your pipe get???? and also have you had any problems with it being so close to the seat (IE melting something or just gettin really damn hot)

i'm between that same devil and a blue flame evo3

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the pipe screams... thats all i have to say.. haha.. i got the cf can and i noticed it wasnt that hot and it cools pretty quickly.. but i do feel the heat from the pipe that connects to the can.. it isn't too bad tho.. i was going to go with the blue flame.. but since hammy couldnt sell it anymore, price increase and the wait times.. just looked for something else..

·
Ride or Die
174 Posts
Looks really nice, where abouts did you find the stator cover, I found carbonfiber ones but I kinda like the look of yours. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
where did you find those carbon side covers? The only ones I found were carbotech for about $350 US a pice not including shipping overseas...

·
Registered
52 Posts
man I hate you. I want that devil so bad I can't stand it. Hopefully I'll have one soon!

i'm also questioning the heat factor, specially for the passenger. My girl rides with me a lot of the time (about 85% or more) and I dont want it to be too hot for her on the back. Have you had anyone on the back with it yet?

also, how much were the boots?!

lookin' good man. You're doing the same exact mods I want, minus the CF ferrings. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i havent had the chance to have a passenger on my bike yet.. but hopefully that will change soon.. ill let you know when i do..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts