Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting sick of all the dumbasses on the roads. Yeah, we all do something stupid from time to time, but most of these people shouldn't be allowed to breed, let alone drive. So here's my new and improved driving test.

1- you get your learners permit, and get to practice on a closed course simulation street environment along with all the other idiots learning to do their thing. A certain amount of hours spent on this "track" will be required. They don't let a rookie that's never driven a race car before out onto the track with the big dogs until they've gotten some practice in and are capable of not being a retard.

2- Upon completion of the practice environment, you can can take the test. If you feel you are not ready to take the test, you can continue practicing until you are ready to test. Supervisors can elect not to let you run the test if they feel your skills are not yet developed.

3- The test will consist of nothing more than a race track. You will drive a middle of the road average performing sedan that will be provided for the test. The car will not be anything fancy or over the top, but will not be rubbish either. Every person taking the test will drive an equally performing car.

4- You will drive the car around the track - three practice laps, one timed lap.
You will be given a pre-determined time to beat. Everyone will have the same time to beat. You will not know what the time is until after your own timed lap.

5- If you are slower than the time to beat, You fail
If you lose control of the vehicle, You fail
If you leave the track, You fail

6- At the end of your timed lap, you will get one chance to parallel park the vehicle. If you can not, You fail

7- If you fail the test, you can not test again until exactly one year has passed. You may use the time inbetween to continue your skills on the practice course.

8- Three consecutive failures (three years in a row), you will be permanently banned and will under no circumstances be allowed to operate a motor vehicle.

9- A "stupid patrol" will be assembled. If they catch anyone driving that is doing "stupid", they have the right to revoke your license. If you license is revoked, you will wait one year until you can "test" to get it back. Three revocations by the stupid patrol and it's gone for good.

"Stupid things" will include
-reading while driving (maps will be permitted)
-applying makeup/shaving/etc while driving
-driving well below the posted speed limit for long periods of time
-driving slowly in the left lane on a highway
-failure to properly merge (you cannot merge with cars doing 65 when you're doing 30. people don't seem to understand this)

That's all I've got so far. Yes, I know it's very far-fetched, but I think it would make the world a better place. Please revise and add your own as your see fit

·
Registered
322 Posts
should probablly have something in there for motorcycle awareness

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
how about this instead, only people from age 25 - 40 are allowed to drive, all others are passengers. young people always think there the shit no matter how inexperienced, and old people are scared or don't care cause they've been driving amongst idiots forever. there will always be idiots as long as breeding isn't controlled and there is a constitution. get used to it.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
System here works similarly, at least for the test - minus the stupid patrol and 3-strike permanent loss of license deal. I had the unfortunate experience of taking the driving/motorcycle test and course here because while I drive on my NY license without any problem, cops always give me grief for motorcycle credentials because here it should be a completely separate document with classification for the displacements you're allowed to drive (need certain number of years on small machines to move incrementally larger).

Anyway, I had nearly 6 weeks of lectures to attend where you learn almost nothing practical since the laws here are entirely counter-intuitive to operating a motor vehicle on a road with more than 3 other drivers.

Simultaneously I had to take a motorcycle operating course on a 125cc standard in a closed course with other car, truck, trailer, moped and motorcycle drivers. The motorcycle course was mostly separate. Particularly for motorcycles, there is absolutely no street time until you get your license and go it alone. (sick).

I passed both exams - written and riding with perfect scores, but I came to the understanding that if I were Bulgarian, and it was truly my first time riding, I'd die on the street before my first week ended. Despite the closed course and 2 months of torture learning the proper courteous method of operating a deadly machine, drivers here are the most oblivious, intelligence-deprived, slow-thinking/reacting, inconsiderate piece of sh*t I've ever shared a road with. I ride my bike with a level of paranoia that would get me committed state side. The only advantage is that cops don't give two sh*t about motorcycles here and 10 miles outside of almost any city, the roads are almost empty so I don't have to watch for them and the ninnies next to me, in front of me, behind me etc all of the time.

Sounds in theory like a good idea but I have to say, if that were implemented here - there would be no drivers left on the road by the end of the year. Don't know how it would work there.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Oh and if you're wondering how the other riders fair when hitting the streets for the first time after passing their test - statistically more than half of the riders here are unlicensed (because police don't give a shit, they generally figure if a motorcycle gets into an accident, chances are he'll only kill him/her-self so they see it as idiot-population control) so by the time they get their license they've had a good amount of experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts