Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 R6 with 10200 miles, a full two brothers exhaust with no cat, a power commander 3 mapped with the map from DynoJet's website and it has been down on the right side with only minor cosmetic damage. When I bring the r6 up to the high rpms I feel like the bike is vibrating more instead of smoothing out and when the bike is already warmed up and I start it, the idle is a little jumpy as is the same when I pull in the clutch while slowing down in traffic. The bike pulls amazing when I gun it in a higher gear but when I start from rest and rev out each gear, its just a lot of vibrations and not smooth like I feel it should be. BTW I just changed the oil not even 500 miles ago. I feel like I should bring the bike to a shop to get tuned up but it's not even at 12K yet like it should be. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get the ECU flashed and then set the map at 0 or "no map."

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
I just bought a 2007 R6 with 10200 miles, a full two brothers exhaust with no cat, a power commander 3 mapped with the map from DynoJet's website and it has been down on the right side with only minor cosmetic damage. When I bring the r6 up to the high rpms I feel like the bike is vibrating more instead of smoothing out and when the bike is already warmed up and I start it, the idle is a little jumpy as is the same when I pull in the clutch while slowing down in traffic. The bike pulls amazing when I gun it in a higher gear but when I start from rest and rev out each gear, its just a lot of vibrations and not smooth like I feel it should be. BTW I just changed the oil not even 500 miles ago. I feel like I should bring the bike to a shop to get tuned up but it's not even at 12K yet like it should be. What do you guys think?
With no cat box and a slip on can they tend to idle rough. I recommend a good tune or a flash from Bauce racing (still may idle funny).
As for the vibration, check your bolts and make sure nothing's loose or broken. I would check every nur A's bolt being its used , was it a dealer or private sale?

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts
I blame the two brothers full exhaust set up. Also are their block off plates on the bike?

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
I blame the two brothers full exhaust set up. Also are their block off plates on the bike?
Hahaaaaa..Ya know ,I was going to say that but I figured id let this one go. Shane on me,lol.
...definitely the two brothers can..

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get the ECU flashed and then set the map at 0 or "no map."
Are you saying I should get the ecu flashed and a map put on the ecu? Or should I get the ecu flashed and keep the power commander? Cause I was going to have vcyclenut put the DynoJet map straight onto the ecu and then sell the power commander.

Also I'm not quite sure about the block off plates and yes, it was a private seller

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Are you saying I should get the ecu flashed and a map put on the ecu? Or should I get the ecu flashed and keep the power commander? Cause I was going to have vcyclenut put the DynoJet map straight onto the ecu and then sell the power commander.

Also I'm not quite sure about the block off plates and yes, it was a private seller
I would get a good quality flash and sell the pc. I recommend a Bauce flash.
What do you mean your not sure about block off plates?.

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts

Lift up your tank and check.

If you have block off plates it will look like this, please note this is an R1 i'm lazy, but the plates will look the same.

·
Pobrecitos
19,898 Posts
I personally wouldn't have a map flashed on to the ECU.. It's true most peeps don't mess with their map after they upload (or custom tuned) but tunes DO fall off a bit as the bike ages, that's aside from dramatic temp changes or altitude changes.

If you're going to set it and forget it, have at it. If you want to make changes later, it's going to be easier to keep the PC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still have to check for the block off plates but it does pop a pretty good amount so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have them but I do want to install them. AGG is great right? I did tighten the chain a bit from having about 2 inches of slack to about 1.5 inches of slack and it actually does feel a little better. But I do feel the vibrations mainly on my right foot from the the right side rearset so I'm assuming the Two Brothers is probably a factor in this. I know the clamps that hold the headers on are well known for coming loose so that's the next thing I'm going to check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah my rear wheel is good. I aligned each side of the axle perfectly with the grooves supplied by Yamaha plus I measured the distance from the axle to where the swing arm attaches on both sides and made sure they were equal which they were. I clean and lube the chain as much as possible but not so much that I'm flinging chain lube all over my bike. I don't know offhand how many times it spins while on the stand but depending on how hard I spin it it would probably differ right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.