Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm painting my R6 black, not high gloss, I painted the rear sets and the passenger's pegs already. I still have a lot of work to do since the fairings were all messed up from the previous owner. here are some pics of what i've done so far.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff124/pedroluiscabrera/

I did other small parts but didn't take any pictures.

PS. None of the pictures are the finished results its just an intro to what is coming.

thanks for looking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
stealth bomber

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
What kinda of paint are you using? Doing alot of prep work or just going right over the top? Looks pretty good by the way

Roberts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankss!!

What kinda of paint are you using? Doing alot of prep work or just going right over the top? Looks pretty good by the way

Roberts
Oh no, we are doing a lot of prep to it. the previous owner drop it a few times and then he painted it without fixing any of the damage so me and ma boy have been sanding a lot. it is a lot of primer and sanding(no sander its all man power) .. after that the paint part is "easy". but the clear coat is being a pain in the a**!!!! it keeps on turning white in some spots. but i think its because of overlapping so tomorrow we are going to try doing extremely think coats to see what happens.

one more thing.. Does anyone knows how to take the tank off?? do i have to take all the gas out or something? :confused:

P.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW I'm using automotive acrylic enamel because I'm going with flat black..

the tank will only drip a couple drops when you disconnect the lines because of the space age hose attachments.
thanks, so do i have to empty the tank out before or after i take it off? and how can i empty it out??

·
Registered
569 Posts
BTW I'm using automotive acrylic enamel because I'm going with flat black..

thanks, so do i have to empty the tank out before or after i take it off? and how can i empty it out??
like i said its not going to leak when you disconnect the lines, so you empty it AFTER you take it off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
the bike is almost finish ill post some pix as soon as im done.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah its flat black with a clear coat on top that makes it a lil gloss but not too much.. ill take some pix as soon as i can and post em..

·
Registered
81 Posts
how do you like those ixil's? my friend has them on his gixxer and i was lookin at the for the r6 cause i love the undertail exhaust look

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how do you like those ixil's? my friend has them on his gixxer and i was lookin at the for the r6 cause i love the undertail exhaust look
man i like em a lot! makes the bike look like a R1.. but ima git rid of them cause i wanna make my bike completely black. thinking bout getting a stock 06 exhaust and paint it black. if u wanna buy em just pm me wit an offer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts