Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I was running a little late for work. I couldn't make it to my usual fill station(Chevron), so I filled up at am/pm on my way to work. ( my first mistake) During fill up, I topped off my tank. (second mistake??)

The bike road fine, just as usual. When I left work 8.5 hrs later, my baby ran like crap. During take off, the bike was sputtering, and sounded really bad. I revved it a few times and nothing. Finally I said fook it, I gotta get home, so I left the parking lot. I got the rpms to 5, 6000, and it ran better. When I got to my first stop, on the next take off, the sputtering was gone.

:wtf was all that about?? Is this vapor lock? Or is it am/pm cheap ass gas??

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
happend 2 me a few times also...i just let the bike warm up 4 a min and i have no probs then...its usually only when i start and go after sitting 4 a while

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sounds like you fouled the plugs a little bit... and it took some time for that crap to burn off.

I've done it before... no big deal. Just make sure you wait for the fuel pump to finish priming before trying to start. I find that if I don't do that, eventually the bike gets hard to start.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RockyR6 said:
Sounds like you fouled the plugs a little bit... and it took some time for that crap to burn off.

I've done it before... no big deal. Just make sure you wait for the fuel pump to finish priming before trying to start. I find that if I don't do that, eventually the bike gets hard to start.
Cool, glad to hear it's nothing serious. I was in a hurry when I got out of work, your right, I don't think I waited for fuel to pump. That was the first time that happened, freaked me out. Thanks Bros :mrgreen: :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts