Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my son has been driving me and his mother crazy but we finally gave in. Knew we would have to motorcyle and motorcycle riding is just inhospitable blood. Thought the insurance would be crazy high since he's just 17 but it wasn't bad at all so let me know what y'all think of it. He is very happy with it. It's a 2002 with 14,000 miles. We gave $2,000 for it.

mine and his bike together

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I've been riding for 19 years but were going to take the motorcycle training course together here soon....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Make sure you teach him how to ride properly :fact
this ^ and for the love of god make him wear some gear. nothing I hate to see more then leather jacket and shorts.

all that aside nice bike. my cousin picked up a 92 GSXR 750 a few days ago. tank is massive but other then that its a solid bike

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
Ya I've been riding for 19 years but were going to take the motorcycle training course together here soon....
well this answers my question LOL.

That's awesome. Look forward to future pics and stories from you guys.

And remember ATGATT :D

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Congrat's to your kid. like everyone else said....teach him well and keep him away from the squid path.

Good looking bike for its age!!

Welcome!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'm glad y'all have tought me something. So it's not a r6? I really didn't think it was but was not real sure. But thanks for the comments he really likes it and I hope he gains lots of knowledge from the sight. He hasn't registered on here yet but even though he doesn't own a r6 yet he would probably still like to join...

·
Who? Me??
430 Posts
Well I'm glad y'all have tought me something. So it's not a r6? I really didn't think it was but was not real sure. But thanks for the comments he really likes it and I hope he gains lots of knowledge from the sight. He hasn't registered on here yet but even though he doesn't own a r6 yet he would probably still like to join...
Yeah. Tell him to join. And to watch this video below. Full of knowledge. Guy isn't riding an R6 either, but it's still a pretty sweet ride! Make sure to watch all 4 vids. Pretty informative.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
12,479 Posts
Being a member here on the forum, you are now obligated to beat his ass if he rides like a squid. :fact

Welcome! :wave

:lmao

·
It'll make Ya' blind!
753 Posts
Yeah. Tell him to join. And to watch this video below. Full of knowledge. Guy isn't riding an R6 either, but it's still a pretty sweet ride! Make sure to watch all 4 vids. Pretty informative.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM

You've given him the secret... What, does everyone just get secret information handed to them now :thumbdown

:sing

·
Who? Me??
430 Posts

You've given him the secret... What, does everyone just get secret information handed to them now :thumbdown

:sing
I'm blaming it on the full moon... But I highly recommend the video, but you're right. I shouldn't hand it out too freely.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts