Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for a lack of better words, I have had a permanent hard-on ever since I originally signed off on my R6. In October I ordered my 04 R6 liquid silver beauty. I put down a deposit and agreed to put down a set amount every month on layaway. So the spring fever set in and I paid on my girl every month since. Well the news came in this morning she was delivered and sitting at the dealership. I instantly flipped out, told my boss, and got on the phone to inquire about my voice mail. First I found out that my sales rep I had been dealing with just went home sick, so I got some happy go lucky what can I do for you sales rep. He told me how sexy my bike was and that they were all staring at it all morning. Well he said that all I needed to do was get finalized with my financing and come pick her up. He transfers me to the finance manager and the fun begins:

She tells me that she can't find me in the computer. When she does she tells me that my Kawasaki cruiser was ready to be set for the loan. I paused short of pissing myself and calmly asked what she was talking about and that there must be a mishap. She and I go over it all and finally get straight about my R6. She told me she would call me in an hour or so at work and let me know what was up.

When she called she tells me I am approved and its all good to go! I was like hell yeah. She said all you need is proof of Motorcycle insurance. I said no prob let me call my insurance rep. I call him and he tells me he will call me back in a bit with my info. So I make arrangements for a trailer so I can go get my girl. I get a call an hour later only to hear, Bad news that bike has been flagged as a model I can not insure you on. I was like NO F******* way!!!. He said that its one of the few but the YZF can not be insured. I explained being that he knows me very well that I have 2 cars with him and a clean record. So he said I know, I am sorry. He gave me a number for another sister company and I am awaiting their call for approval in the morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed as I am now hoping to get her home on Saturday.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
If nothing works out, try getting a quote from Progressive online.
That's the insurance I have.
But when I bought and picked up my bike, I didn;t even had insurance!

·
Registered
995 Posts
The trails and tribilations of owning a R6.one day soon it will all b forgotten, when ur scratching at 80mph

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Yeah that is major ouch, forget that, too much, that's for full coverage?

For me, I paid $450+ for 1 year. But only comprehensive.
I will have to update that pretty soon before the season starts

·
Registered
318 Posts
yo man that blows about the insurance. Check out State Farm. I hear they have pretty good deals on insurance. Good luck man

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I am also surpirse that your current car insurance is not helping you out.
I mean if you have a clean record and 2 cars in that company, at least they would help you out on the bike insurance. :cuss

*try to tell them that you would take your 2 cars somewhere else if they don't insure your bike!* :cheers

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Hope you get your baby home soon!! I would have went crazy waiting for mine to come in if I would have had to order her. That would have been lots of sleepless nights! Wow man that really sucks.

Here's to Saturday!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My insurance salesman is cool as shit. I have 2 custom performance vehicles under myself. He personally can't do it, the yzf was flagged this year from what he explained. I would have been fine with a jixer of honda....but nooo the R6 is a no go. Blows big time. He drives a modified s2000 so he is cool with performance...just can't do anything about the home team and thier policy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Damn man, that sooo blows to hear that about the insurance. I can walk into the dealer here and buy the bike and not have to have insurance through the Yamaha dealer. I wonder why though for you?
I am wondering if they are not insuring the bike because they are stolen more than the virginity of fifteen year old cheerleader. Hell.. you would think they are on a buy one get one free sale the way they are parting '03's and 04's on eBay.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
Yeah that is major ouch, forget that, too much, that's for full coverage?

For me, I paid $450+ for 1 year. But only comprehensive.
I will have to update that pretty soon before the season starts
Unfortunately, with a lien on the title of the bike you have to carry full coverage.

I saved up to pay cash for my bike, now I carry liability only and pay $167 per year.

Another reason to consider paying cash for a used bike instead of financing a new one

·
Registered
419 Posts
When I financed my bike with the Yamaha Card they don't requier you to carry full coverge. I carry full coverage anyway so I can cover my the crazies that drive with out any INS

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
Hey, man... Here's to State Farm! All they care is that it's a 600cc motorcycle. I pay $500/yr for full coverage. As opposed to the $3000/yr that Progressive online quoted me!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I agree all they look for is the cc. My 929 is considered a 900. Thats with allstate. State Farm is good as well. Never do the online quote with progressive. Always ask for a rep.

Blade

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had heard that State Farm had great rates, but that was because they would only do a motorcycle as a second vehicle... had to have your car/truck policy with them, then add the bike... anybody out there with a State Farm motorcycle-only policy? ... is this true?

·
Registered
27 Posts
that is complete bullshit. What company do you go through? What the
hell is the difference from their standpoint between an R6 and a 600RR??
What if it was a 2000 R6? Would they insure it then?
I have never heard anything like that before.

I have State Farm, clean record and pay $600 a year for full coverage with a $250 decuctable.

I would tell your insurance company to stick it where the sun don't shine :moon !!

Call around and find a broker that will want the business of two cars and a brand new R6.

:cheers

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ok lets try this again. I live in Georgia. They will not sell you a seperate policy on a bike. My bike is a 929RR. It has 929cc. Its classed as a 900cc because on the title its considered a 900cc. They rounded the numbers. Now if you live in Tennessee. You can have medical cover on a bike. Now that doesn't make since to me at all. My bike is allstate because I can keep that seperate. Everything else is State Farm. I been down that road with them. You can contact the state insurance commission and fight it. Thats just what I was told and I've been trying to get everthing with one company for 3 years now ever since I moved here.

Blade

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's TRUE about STATE FARM.

I have them and pay about 36$ a month for full coverage, ...BUT I also have two other cars under them. I think it also depends on how long you've had the motorcycle designation on your license (at least in KALI)

If you finance the byk, you have to get FULL coverage--because the lien still belongs to the bank.

CHeck with MERCURY or with your credit union's contacts. Don't fret, you'll find some decent insurance prices.

:hammer

·
Registered
112 Posts
Call your local Progressive rep. I just did the online quote, and it put me at over two grand as well. I have Progressive on my 01 R6 and pay under $900 with some tickets and being under 21. The online quote as yzf is what makes it off. If you do the online quote with it as fzr it came out to the same price as I pay.

Rubber side down!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts