Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Thread (Picture Heavy)

Chief's thread inspired me to start my own.

I submitted my bike for September ROTM and took a crapload of pics today. Here's some of them:

You can see all of my mods in my signature

Any comments would be appreciated

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
I submitted my bike for September ROTM and took a crapload of pics today. Here's some of them:

Any comments would be appreciated
Very well done KO. However, I suggest you grab a hairdryer and peel that factory label off of the tank and replace it with a nice carbon fiber progrip tank pad. :secret It'll come out a lot cleaner, and in my opinion, it'll pull the black/blue scheme together quite nicely.

EDIT: just saw your sig but I'd still go with CF over black! :D

Either way, bikes coming out very well! :cool:

Side note: my friends got an 06 and he's really looking into converting his headlight housing to the projectors, much like the ones you and a bunch of other people here on the forum have done. I was wondering as to how difficult putting this whole conversion was; accumulating the necessary parts, time and money spent?

ANYONE know of someone/somewhere that you can just mail the headlights to so that they can be converted and sent back to the owner? I remember people doing this a few years back when the angel eyes first came out, was wondering if this was being done for the projector conversion.. I personally would do it myself but it's not my bike, and mine comes with projectors straight out of the factory :sing :laugh

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
bike looks great, tasteful mods.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha. sick pipe. i was wondering how come it was black...

roadrash, did you paint it yourself?

let' get some sound clips in here!?

sweeet bike!
ROAD RASH painted it, but I'm sending it out to get done professionally.

Side note: my friends got an 06 and he's really looking into converting his headlight housing to the projectors, much like the ones you and a bunch of other people here on the forum have done. I was wondering as to how difficult putting this whole conversion was; accumulating the necessary parts, time and money spent?

ANYONE know of someone/somewhere that you can just mail the headlights to so that they can be converted and sent back to the owner? I remember people doing this a few years back when the angel eyes first came out, was wondering if this was being done for the projector conversion.. I personally would do it myself but it's not my bike, and mine comes with projectors straight out of the factory
Cost is a little more than 300 for parts alone. It's not difficult but takes some time. The process is tedious but not hard. PM me, I might be able to help you.

kin said:
bike looks great, tasteful mods.
Thanks dude, a few more to come

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
Very well done KO. However, I suggest you grab a hairdryer and peel that factory label off of the tank and replace it with a nice carbon fiber progrip tank pad. :secret It'll come out a lot cleaner, and in my opinion, it'll pull the black/blue scheme together quite nicely.

EDIT: just saw your sig but I'd still go with CF over black! :D

Either way, bikes coming out very well! :cool:

ANYONE know of someone/somewhere that you can just mail the headlights to so that they can be converted and sent back to the owner? I remember people doing this a few years back when the angel eyes first came out, was wondering if this was being done for the projector conversion.. I personally would do it myself but it's not my bike, and mine comes with projectors straight out of the factory :sing :laugh

Krypton does...send him your lights and he installs the projectors and halos for 250 shipped i believe.. heres the thread with all the details

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119750&highlight=krypton+projector

1 - 20 of 42 Posts