Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to hit the pavement today, and not in a good way. Riding around town, went to take a right hand turn too quickly, tried to brake improperly, and down I went. Probably going 20-25 when I hit the ground. Let's just say, OW.

The bike, thankfully, is mostly cosmetic damage. Scratched up right front cowl, that side black panel, a couple of busted fairing stays, and the right turn signal is (nearly) trashed. Also some cosmetic damage to my end of my exhaust. And, of course, the frame slider on that side is toasted. I have to say, it did a good job protecting my bike, probably the only thing saving me from having to replace the right clip-on, mirror, all the right-side plastics, etc.

I'm glad I was wearing gear when it happened. Jacket and helmet to be specific, not my gloves, this was (supposed to be!) a short jaunt down the strip from one stop to another. Jeans, sneakers. No damage to my gear at all except for a little bit of scratching on the right shoulderpad. My right knee is scraped, and most of me is sore as hell.

Pics will come later when I get them from my friend (who has a better quality cameraphone than me, and took the pics for me.) None of the knee, though. Not a very impressive scrape anyway. (I've had worse scrapes on a bicycle... but never did a bike dump me quite as suddenly and quickly as the R6 did.)

·
'07 MV AGUSTA F4 1000R
1,112 Posts
ouch! sorry to hear that bro...but thankfully you out of this one easily...but how did you break improperly?? front or rear? Good thing you're okay though...i mean could of been worse...bike can always be restored :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear. These crash threads keep coming it seems. :(

Glad you are okay.

·
Registered
394 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The weather is getting nicer. Hopefully we don't hear too many more...

·
Daily Bike Commuter
104 Posts
this happened to me too one night after canyon riding. I pulled into a parking lot and made a super slow right turn in the lot. I felt my bike start dropping unusually on the right side from the slow speed, so instinctively my foot went down and saved me from dumping my bike. It kinda felt like I slid too on my bike tire from dust on the road, but I wasn't too sure. All I know is that I almost dumped.

///

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ouch! sorry to hear that bro...but thankfully you out of this one easily...but how did you break improperly?? front or rear? Good thing you're okay though...i mean could of been worse...bike can always be restored :)
Front. Stupid but it was reflex. A reflex I need to retrain out of myself. (I should know better, too, especially given how many times they drill into ya at the MSF course never to touch the front brake in a turn...)

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the rest... yeah, it could have been a helluva lot worse, and I know I'm lucky as hell. Thanks for the nice comments. (Half-expected someone to tear into me for it...)

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Gald to hear your mostly okay.

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm fine, really. Playing hooky from work for today, to give the muscles and knee a chance to recover a little before I spend 8+ hours on my feet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts