Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
vroom
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to ditch my wanna be street fighter look and went all street fighter. Today i just got the headlights mounted and planned out the gauge cluster. After i get some electrical tape ill clean up the wires.

The plan is to go with bar end mirrors, put the speedo on top of the tripple tree, not sure on what to do about blinkers(would like to re-use the flush mounts i have. For the brackets i just some aluminum i had laying around.

looks much better in perosn. ....
before

in progress.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
good luck with this, def post up some more pics of the progress

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
You going to go 3/4, 1/4 or no fairing? Mine is 3/4. Since you are already going SF, are you going to change up the clip ons? You know woodcraft has clip ons in different angles and rise height. You could give it a more up right riding position if you wanted. I have 1" raised SI side mount clip ons and my bars almost feel like DBbars. I like it but I did it because I stunt the bike. Still it's very comfortable.

·
Somebody stop me
189 Posts
good ones cost but look excellent when complete

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts

·
vroom
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have any fairings to put on hence the reason for streetfighter. Im not really planning on spending more then 50 bucks to get this done so it wont be any thing like richie11's pic. More of just moving things around with a few home made brackets.

should look better then what it did........and now that i sold my truck iv got nothing to wrench on, and sometimes you just get the itch.

should have updates sunday.

·
vroom
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

here's a better shot of what it was. I dont mind it to much like this but every thing just stuck out so far.

Im also thinking of painting the headers black and maybe chop the yoshi pipe(not sure if i want to mess with a good pipe though)

What do you guys think i should do about blinkers.

·
vroom
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update: got the blinkers mounted, put them on the horn bracket( i really didnt see anywhere else to put them. Made the bracket for the speedo, turned out so so. I will probably re-do it. You cant tell in the pick but to much of the bracket shows in the front.
The bike its self still looks better then before and its only cost me 24$ as of right now.

To do list:

clean up all the wires. There's lots of them.
re-do speedo bracket.
buy new grips and bar-end mirrors.
paint header

the speedo sits about half inch above the nut there. It got a little crooked when i tightend the nut back down.

·
vroom
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Again i only did this because i bought the bike naked and am not going to spend the money for fairings and a headlight.

once its all done ill take pics with a actual camera

·
Dont taze me Bro
62 Posts
I like it. Taking in consideration you have only dropped 24 at this point. In my opinion the front blinkers look like an after thought though.

Good luck w/ your build

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
So what are you using for the speedo bracket? Could you post up some pics I got to make me something I keep breaking zip ties.:lmao

Looks alright, I agree about the blinkers. I would have dilled a hole in the housing of the headlights on the outer edge and put some 194 bulbs in with a rubber grommet or some LEDs. Similar to what he did in this thread but with the headlights you have.http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r6-how-guides/148018-turn-signals-headlight-assy-2.html

·
vroom
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats a good idea but im not planning on keeping this bike much longer and dont really want to put to much effort into it. The blinkers will probably stay. They dont look great but they dont look bad so they work lol. Got the wires all cleaned up and taped

To do list:

(done) clean up all the wires. There's lots of them.
re-do speedo bracket.
buy new grips and bar-end mirrors.
paint header

·
vroom
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

yea yea i know what it looks like.

This is what the bracket looks like. I bolted it down by putting it under the steering head nut? Then bent it back over it.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts

This was my 02 when i was finished with it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts