Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So most of you already saw the story I posted earlier, about how I tried to convince her in to an R6. Well, as a previous Kawi owner, she went right back to the green monster!

I must say though, I gave it a quick ride before we left the shop and it handles pretty damn well.

Anyways, I'll be doing a photo shoot this weekend to take a photo of all of the horses in the stable. For now here is the only couple that I have...Sorry it was taken with my phone.

2009 Ninja ZX-6R, Puig double bubble windsheild, Shogun frame sliders, Two Brothers exhaust, Integrated LED tail light, Rear fender eliminator

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
My wife has a zx6r too:sing

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
That's not bad! I will say, Kawi green is a pretty cool color on the right bike.

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
Was a good deal indeed. 7k out the door with 1k miles on it (which is only a couple bike rides), and it came with all mods except the rail sliders and puig windshield.

damn! hella good deal!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Definitely want to see more pics, but more importantly how does it ride compared to the 6? I have ridden the new GSXRs and Hondas and I dont like them as much as my 6.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Definitely want to see more pics, but more importantly how does it ride compared to the 6? I have ridden the new GSXRs and Hondas and I dont like them as much as my 6.
Honestly, I only rode it for about 5-10 minutes but it seemed to handle really well. Obviously I'm always siding with my 6 because I love it to death, but I liked the ZX-6. It's not as top heavy as the 6 because the engine sits lower in teh ZX-6. So turns seem easy to bounce from one side to the other....but I prefer the weight at the top that the 6 has.

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
Congrats to the wife on her new ride! Can you do the ECU jumper mod on the 09 too, or was that just the 08?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
As far as I know the jumper mod works 05-10

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Nice! Buddy just got a '10 in blue not too long ago. Rode it around for a couple of minutes and really liked the way it felt. Nice bike for sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts