Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked in june of last year. Was told i would not walk again. Now I am up walking and working. Also WILL be riding to deals gap this year BUT will be going slow lol. I do hate to say it but my wreck was from me not riding at my level. I should have not been going as fast as I was. I went over a hill and all I seen was a down hill 90 deg right hand turn with a sign that said SLOW down 15 mph turn (i was going maybe 75). I hit the brakes and started to lean but didnt make it. The back end came out from under me, then somehow I did a high side. This through me head first into a guard rail. After hitting head first the bike hit me. After everthing was said and done, I broke five vertabrae. Four in my back and one in my neck. Two titanium Rods in my back with four screws. They also had to make a vertabrae out of a diff bone to replace one my mine. $135,000 later here I am and I CANT WAIT TO RIDEAGAIN! As soon as it gets warm I will be out riding. also had no health insurance.

Whoever that was I got my Raven from on here, SORRY i wrecked it lol

Here are my pics from my wreck! The first one is my raven and then how it looked after i wrecked it. Now it does not look that bad. cant wait to ride!

Attachments

·
USC
552 Posts
wow. honestly if your alive after that you must have an angel flying with you.

good thing your fully recovered though man.
thats one big scar on your back lol.

im sure we can all agree that were just happy your up and walking.
and esp riding.

hey remember you got a second chance.
lots of people lost theirs and some didnt even get one.

so :cheers to you!

great pics btw :flex:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crazywolf450r said:
Wow... good example of knowing your road before blitzing it.. Ouch..
I'm sorry you learned the hard way. Alot of us do.

So you just rebuilt the bike red?
Yes after being in a bed for 4 months I took alot of time this winter and started fixing it with parts off here and other sites. I have alot more pics of the very slow rebuild. yes thats just the 2007 R6 candy apple red body kit.

YES KNOW your roads if your going to ride fast.

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Damn man glad you made it out of that one. I broke 4 of my vertibre in a car accident so I know how you feel. ANd what the hell you ride with no health insurance? lol. You have to get a loan to pay all that off? Thats a huge medical bill.

·
2008 R6, SS600
394 Posts
swang said:
wow. honestly if your alive after that you must have an angel flying with you.

good thing your fully recovered though man.
thats one big scar on your back lol.

im sure we can all agree that were just happy your up and walking.
and esp riding.

hey remember you got a second chance.
lots of people lost theirs and some didnt even get one.

so :cheers to you!

great pics btw :flex:

Who is the girl in your sig?!?!

Oh yeah, glad you're ok mate, not good at all falling off like you did! Not long now mate, i lost 19 months when i wrecked my knee. Nothing to what you did, but i know the mental pain of being off the bike!!

Bongo

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cmp007 said:
Damn man glad you made it out of that one. I broke 4 of my vertibre in a car accident so I know how you feel. ANd what the hell you ride with no health insurance? lol. You have to get a loan to pay all that off? Thats a huge medical bill.
I had health insurance throw the army but I lost it a month before my wreck. After I got home from Iraq I had Ins for about a year. I did take out a loan to pay some of the bills but we will have to see about the rest.

·
NOT DoD Blocked
5,605 Posts
Glad to hear that you are recovering and that you will be at the gap this year. Make the most out of the second chance that God has given you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Daredevil said:
what kind of gear were you wearing?
Well about my gear........ Well ummmmm it was REALLY hot that day and so I didnt put my stuff on. blue jeans and shirt But I did have my helmet on! they said my gear would have saved my arms and body from rash but that my spine would have still been the same b/c i went head first into the guard rail

·
2008 R6, SS600
394 Posts
christwf said:
Well about my gear........ Well ummmmm it was REALLY hot that day and so I didnt put my stuff on. blue jeans and shirt But I did have my helmet on! they said my gear would have saved my arms and body from rash but that my spine would have still been the same b/c i went head first into the guard rail

The point is though, you never know...

It's a mistake many make though, i'm sure you'll not do it again. You will ride again though. My friend smashed his knee so bad that he can never ride again. To make it worse, he knows that in his case, his leathers with his knee protection would have saved him.

Be safe mate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bongo said:
The point is though, you never know...

It's a mistake many make though, i'm sure you'll not do it again. You will ride again though. My friend smashed his knee so bad that he can never ride again. To make it worse, he knows that in his case, his leathers with his knee protection would have saved him.

Be safe mate.
This is very true

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
christwf said:
I had health insurance throw the army but I lost it a month before my wreck. After I got home from Iraq I had Ins for about a year. I did take out a loan to pay some of the bills but we will have to see about the rest.
I thought if you were in the service uncle sam pays all your medical cost for the rest of you life.Even after you've already served in the forces!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
La Negra said:
I thought if you were in the service uncle sam pays all your medical cost for the rest of you life.Even after you've already served in the forces!
Nope ONLY things that happend on active duty

·
Registered
126 Posts
wow, you sure got courage to get back onto the bike and start riding again
thats the true riders spirit you got there
gear up at all times i guess

1 - 20 of 29 Posts