Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm Steve, and I hail from lovely Dayton, Ohio. I'm 25 and I've been throwing around the idea of getting a bike for about 6 years now. My pop rides a big ass harley and he's been hell bent on keeping me from getting a bike (which I can understand). Even said "I'll sell mine if it will keep you from getting one." Well, it hasn't changed my mind, but I wanted to kind of have his blessing so we could ride together, as strange as that might look. So, I've been just kind of biding my time until the planets were in alignment, nah'mean?

In any case, I bring the idea up once or twice a year just to test the waters, and recently he brought it up. "Whatever happened to you getting a bike?" So I think now might be the time.

I just signed up for the MSF in May and I'm going to go ahead and give it a go. Decided to sign up for a forum or two so I could gain some general knowledge and whatnot. Not sure what kind of bike I'll be looking at yet, but I'll probably start with a couple year old R6 or F4i.

I'm not really in any big hurry, so I might be around for a while before I have one. Also, for being a pretty smart guy, I'm not afraid to ask stupid questions. Just warning ya. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Lots of good peeps here with great knowledge. I think you will find that we are biased towards the 6 over the F4i.

Don't be afraid to ask questions every one here is more than happy to help. :cheers

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Welcome, I don't blame your father if I had a Harley I would try to come up with every excuse to get rid of it too. I say you get the R6 no other bike is like it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lmao

Haha, man he loves that damn thing. It's a nice looking bike, but it's kind of like comparing a semi to a ferrari.

Riding with guys that ride harleys and ground pounders has it's benefits for a new rider like myself... for one, when I lay it down, I'll probably be doing 20 MPH and not 120 MPH. :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
damn man...i'm from Dayton too, well actually Kettering. But i went to the University of Dayton and now reside in sunny Tampa, FL but try and visit a few times a year up there. you have time before its even riding season, there's snow on the ground still up there, right?

·
Registered
181 Posts
stringtheorist said:
Haha, Kettering huh? I live right down the road in Centerville. Actually, looking out my office window, it appears to be snowing at the moment. Bah!
so does that mean you were a Centerville Elk? or did you relocate to Centerville recently?

Oh by the way, in case u were wondering it's 78 here and sunny. I rode my bike to work today. That's exactly why i left that crappy weather up there. Don't mean to rub it in!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha, yeah I was an elk. Moved here from St. Louis with my 'rents between my Sopmore and Junior years. Don't go giving me a hard time about it now... you know we whooped Fairmont's collective ass in spirit chain every year!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
181 Posts
i can say though...the centerville girls were def hotter and easier than the Fairmont girls. but, it's cool to see someone from there. lets see, both of us are 25 which would of put us in school about the same time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
udh2oskier said:
i can say though...the centerville girls were def hotter and easier than the Fairmont girls. but, it's cool to see someone from there. lets see, both of us are 25 which would of put us in school about the same time.
HAHA that's a riot! I always thought just the opposite! Me and my crew were always runnin up to Kettering to pick up girls for a party or something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My friend Ash's new boobies look just like those...

..and by friend I mean girl who I talk to on another message board, then was nice enough to chat with me at a bar when I recognized her and introduced myself... even though she's way out of my league. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.