Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an 08 R6 almost 2 years ago and was told it had a "kit ecu". I assumed this was the YEC kit as it was serviced/tuned at Markbilt Racing. Fast forward to today, and I want to figure out what I actually have in my bike. I've dealt with tuning cars so I'd like to know what settings are set in case I'd like to change something.

The ECU has no labels on it and the Markbilt doesn't have any of the old records of it. I do however have a cable zip tied that looks like something you'd plug a USB adapter into. After doing some google searches, it doesn't look like the current YEC adapters, but Markbilt did mention that there was an older version of the YEC.

Is this a YEC part? Is it just a flashed stock ecu? Is it flashtune? I do have a DynoJet quickshifter working so I'm not sure where it hooks in. Here are a few pics of the cable. It has 3 prongs inside and I also took pics of where the cable ties into the harness at the ECU plug.

Any ideas guys?

Attachments

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
i have no idea what that cable is, and my 08 has a usb type connection to make ecu chages. If you don't get a reply here, I suggest posting this question on the wera tech forum. there are a number of race bike tuners that frequent that forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.