Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I left for work this morning I looked over at where my bike was parked, only to find it on its side. What a feeling I was almost shaking as I ran over to pick it up. Looks like somebody clipped the front tyre with a car (there was a mark on the cover) and knocked it over.
Well I picked it up and to my great relief the only real damage was a sheared off foot peg (apart from two hole in my two week old dowco cover.!!). The contact points were the bar end, foot peg and the heel plate on my micron ultra high mount.
Has anybody else ever considered buying a house with a garage after buying a bike.?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I sold my GPz-1100 specifically because I was living in an apartment without a garage.

I didn't buy my R6 until after I moved into my new house.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That right side foot rest sucks to replace. Took mine to the dealer to have my new one put on. They had to grind it off and make a pin that matched the other side. Still can't figure out why its mounted that way from the factory. Sorry to hear about the bike. Sounds like it could have been worse though

·
Registered
318 Posts
i live in an apartment and keep my bike under a carport.. i pray all the time that the person next to me doesnt knock it over!! Id be pissed!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not easy finding a garage in downtown Savannah.
I have only had the bike 3 weeks and I am supposed to get access to the back yard to park it. I just didn't have a chance to get hold of my landlord to open it up. I also have a set of frame sliders that I haven't had a chance to fit yet, so it was probably inevitable that it was going to go over. :roll:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
if you really wanna protect your investment find a storage unit...i'm sure you could find one with a reasonable rate somewhere in town...just my $0.02

·
Registered
289 Posts
that sucks man, sorry to hear that.
i keep my bike at the end of my driveway, about a 50-60 foot long driveway, no garage tho.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
stupid fuckers, I hate morons that drive like that. They obviously knew the bike was there, and probably knew what they were doing was gonna be close.

Back when i had my first car..a s-10 blazer that was in really nice shape.Just had finished wet sanding the whole thing, buffing etc.. took days to make it shine and look new again when i got it.... But some asshole put a big door ding in it the first day i drove it. Went to walmart to get something and wham. White car, left white paint on my door and his door had silver paint on it where it hit my door. He parked like literally 6 inches from my passenger side so i when i came out i looked cause i knew he had of hit it.

needless to say, his car door was caved in about 8 inches after i backed out and made room for my long legs...........strange how that worked out :hammer

·
Registered
318 Posts
hahaha thats funny yet sucky at the same time.... i hate with people dont pay attention and make door dings. I have a few on my newely painted door trim pieces, they were black plastic and I had them painted to match the car about 6 months ago and I already have about 3 chunks of paint off. Its like if you are going to open your door far enough so it touches my car dont slam into it, just "rest" it there, get out, close your door etc. What does opening your door faster/harder do for you anyway?

·
Registered
443 Posts
RedlineR6 said:
stupid fuckers, I hate morons that drive like that. They obviously knew the bike was there, and probably knew what they were doing was gonna be close.

Back when i had my first car..a s-10 blazer that was in really nice shape.Just had finished wet sanding the whole thing, buffing etc.. took days to make it shine and look new again when i got it.... But some asshole put a big door ding in it the first day i drove it. Went to walmart to get something and wham. White car, left white paint on my door and his door had silver paint on it where it hit my door. He parked like literally 6 inches from my passenger side so i when i came out i looked cause i knew he had of hit it.

needless to say, his car door was caved in about 8 inches after i backed out and made room for my long legs...........strange how that worked out :hammer
Revenge.....it's a beautiful thing :mrgreen: I bet that mofo will be careful next time he opens that door.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Oh, i'm certain he is more careful. either that or he's just some stupid rich bastard with his head way up his ass that he won't care. It seems every rich bastard has a brother that is a insurance guy and would get it fixed for him, and still lower his premiums.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts