Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a discussion with a friend of mine about getting performance parts on the R6.

So whats first?

1. Slip-On - slight increase
2. Air filter - ?
3. PC + Dyno - ? (2 and 3 together?)

I guess after that its 1-3 but with a full system? Is it true that keeping the cat and the honycombed mid pipes restrict the bike to the point of making the above changes minimal?

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Bazzaz > Power Commander

Also, an air filter is like sprinkles on a donut. It looks nice, but doesn't really do much (unless you've got lots of other mods to compliment it). A slip-on with an OEM header won't do ANYTHING. Like, you could run no slip-on at all and it wouldn't even matter.

There's no "natural progression" of mods. People buy what they want and all the performance mods will make the bike faster. They won't make YOU any faster though. ;)

That being said, there definitely is a slippery slope when it comes to exhaust. Everybody seems to want a new exhaust on their bike for the first mod, but honestly that's not a good idea. Exhausts can be very spendy, and when you get one it's a good idea (but not required) to get it tuned. In order to get it tuned you should have a fuel controller. Once you have a fuel controller you'll probably want an air filter and smog block-off plates. And by the time you're done you've spent twice what you thought you were going to spend, just so you could have a shiny pipe sticking out the side of your bike so that bros at a bike night can say "yah, I got tha Yosh pipe bruh, sounds beast. Let's rub dongs".

Don't rub dongs with bros at a bike night. Don't bother getting a full exhaust unless you know exactly what you're getting into.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Free dong rub? Where do I sign up?

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts