Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys wear a neck brace at the track, and if so do you recommend one in particular?

I just got into doing track days and dropped a pretty hefty chunk of change on my suit and other gear, but I haven't gotten a neck brace yet. Was wondering if it's something I should definitely invest in down the road or not. Not sure if I've ever noticed the Moto GP guys wearing them but I may have just not noticed it either.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
Air vest. The brace doesn't protect your ribs or your Clavicle and Acromion.

·
Registered
430 Posts
dont know about neck brace, but many folks have started using airbags these days. I bought one of these -- Hit Air Airbag Vests and Jackets: Hit Air Motorcycle Racing Airbag Vest , never had to use it yet
At that price point... HitAir

Airbag vests
Air vest. The brace doesn't protect your ribs or your Clavicle and Acromion.
I've been looking into the hitair vests, but I'm confused on sizing. Should chest measurements be taken with the suit on, or suit off? I fall into the XL size range with no suit, but they only sell two sizes - Medium (which covers S to XL) and Large (covers XL to 3XL). I've tried to ask distributors, but haven't gotten any replies.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I've been looking into the hitair vests, but I'm confused on sizing. Should chest measurements be taken with the suit on, or suit off? I fall into the XL size range with no suit, but they only sell two sizes - Medium (which covers S to XL) and Large (covers XL to 3XL). I've tried to ask distributors, but haven't gotten any replies.

suit on... large can be snugged down.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
Yep. Suit on. You will want a Large. That is pretty much what everyone wears (except for some women).

Edit- I just looked at mine. It says "US/EU XL-2XL" but it is the RS-1 model

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
acromion?

you've either broken a lot of shit or you're a doctor. i've only been hurt just enough so i know that's a body part. like, a human body part...
Lol!! Not a doctor :)
Worst pain ever. Had my collar bone dislocate and slide over the pointy bone at the top of your shoulder (acromion). Took a year to recover completely.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
good god! i'm hurting just reading this! of course, i just had my 3rd shoulder surgery last tuesday. ouch!
To think the doc said I was "lucky" I didn't break it.

·
surf ride eat **** sleep
76 Posts
acromion?

you've either broken a lot of shit or you're a doctor. i've only been hurt just enough so i know that's a body part. like, a human body part... :grin:
lol

i just fractured mine a little over a month ago dirt biking at Gorman in Southern California.

shit sucks...cant sleep on it...finally feeling healed.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
lol

i just fractured mine a little over a month ago dirt biking at Gorman in Southern California.

shit sucks...cant sleep on it...finally feeling healed.
i got this ice pack "rig" for my shoulder that is a total lifesaver. (using it right now, in fact). it's made by a company called, "shock doctor" and you can find it on amazon. it holds either 2 or 4 gel ice packs (depending on the model you get) and it's seriously the best thing since sliced bread. i bought a bunch of extra gel packs, so i could keep swapping them out. it covers your entire shoulder and wraps around under your opposite arm so it doesn't fall off.

i cannot recommend this thing enough.

heal up soon, man...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts