Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"I just wanna ride"
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive been searching sites for about a week and i cant seem to find a company selling the Ivans or Factory pro kits, all i see is dynojet, and i kinda wanna stay away from this one....i have a bmc race filter now and an 07 stock muffler on my 99, so i need a good jet kit.....anyone know a good company selling these?

·
Registered
17 Posts
whats wrong with the dynojet kit? from what i have read around there the ivans and factory pro kits are "better". but there is never anything specific on why they are better. i have had the dynojet on mine for about a week now (hard rock slip on and bmc air filter) and have had 0 issues. the bike rides amazing now.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
whats wrong with the dynojet kit? from what i have read around there the ivans and factory pro kits are "better". but there is never anything specific on why they are better. i have had the dynojet on mine for about a week now (hard rock slip on and bmc air filter) and have had 0 issues. the bike rides amazing now.
It's just preference and some people's personal experience. ALL jet kits are technically a big waste of money if you really want to get down to it. You can order 4 main jets for like $24 tops, and just shim your factory needles.. Our carb slides don't need any drilling, so there's not even a drill bit included, or pilot jets either..

I personally ordered a jet kit cause I was ordering tons of shit over the winter and just went for the ease of use, and the customer service and support from Factory Pro. Like others mentioned, they are SUPER helpful and knowledgeable.

·
"I just wanna ride"
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well chief the last time i had my bike in the shop i got new mains and shims, only cost like 45 bucks, but they never got around to actually messing with it, so maybe i should just take it back since its getting cooler and just suck up the wait time, cause i cant ride right now the way the bike runs...so maybe i dont need the jet kit, i was just thinking maybe the kit had something else in it to make my bike run smoother

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
well chief the last time i had my bike in the shop i got new mains and shims, only cost like 45 bucks, but they never got around to actually messing with it, so maybe i should just take it back since its getting cooler and just suck up the wait time, cause i cant ride right now the way the bike runs...so maybe i dont need the jet kit, i was just thinking maybe the kit had something else in it to make my bike run smoother
Oh, so they got you the jets and needle shims but didn't install them?

Whats it doin that you can't ride it? Sputtering bad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts