Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
are you in jail? lol i've been so damn lucky over the years. I did get one in N. Carolina in 2007. but once me and 4 other guys were hauling ass down in rural KY and a state trooper was right there driving the opposite way and when I passed him I was doing 115. he never turned around.

·
Zip ties and Duct tape
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Well the verdict has been decided folks. Met with the District attorney last week. As soon as i sat down she laid into me pretty hard. Not kidding when i say this....the first thing she said was: "I've been in this circuit court for 12 years, you are the fastest ticket I have ever had.":cool: She then proceeded to grill me on safety and blah blah blah. Anyway I was able to negotiate her to agree to only a 15 day license suspension, decrease the fine by 200$, and write the ticket to only 25 over (90 in a 65 instead of 120 in a 65). I got all the points, but they drop off after a year, so i'm not really all concerned about those. Definitely learned my lesson. Thanks everyone for giving me somewhere to vent these past few months lol.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The ticket ain't noth'n. It is however an(other) excuse for the price colluding insurance companies to almost literally bend you over on a one to six month basis. It'll be like getting a ticket every 1 to 1.5 months.

are you in jail? lol i've been so damn lucky over the years. I did get one in N. Carolina in 2007. but once me and 4 other guys were hauling ass down in rural KY and a state trooper was right there driving the opposite way and when I passed him I was doing 115. he never turned around.
There are those types that would. But for the sensible ones who would do anything at all, (which I hope would be most,) would radio down the road. Something to be aware of, in cases where the overseer does chase and fails because they wrecked, they have charged the defendant who was never even on the scene of the wreck, with the resulting death(s).

Wasn't speeding or doing anything illegal but I passed up one who tried to U-Turn that big'ol boat and couldn't make it. Had to stop and block both lanes in both directions to back up which by that time (still going the speed limit) was way down the street and turning; never saw'em.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The ticket ain't noth'n. It is however an(other) excuse for the price colluding insurance companies to almost literally bend you over on a one to six month basis. It'll be like getting a ticket every 1 to 1.5 months.

There are those types that would. But for the sensible ones who would do anything at all, (which I hope would be most,) would radio down the road. Something to be aware of, in cases where the overseer does chase and fails because they wrecked, they have charged the defendant who was never even on the scene of the wreck, with the resulting death(s).

Wasn't speeding or doing anything illegal but I passed up one who tried to U-Turn that big'ol boat and couldn't make it. Had to stop and block both lanes in both directions to back up which by that time (still going the speed limit) was way down the street and turning; never saw'em.
the cops down in ky where I do 99% of my riding are cool as F. we had a sheriff stop in a few years ago and tell us the locals call them complaining about passing over the double yellow. that's all he cared about. said please don't do it unless you can clearly see. no one has ever hit a car head on in the 16 years I've been riding with sportbike groups down there. locals just get butthurt. the speed limit is 55 they will do 35 and don't want you to pass them.
but the cops never give us a hard time. hell, in the last 6 or so years I haven't even seen a cop down there.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts