Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
should I
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm brand new here :toocool:

Well, I just sold my Suzuki sv650 and looking at buying an r6 now that insurance rates are bearable after 4 years of riding.

Anyways, I found a 2000 R6 and im ready to pull the trigger and buy it, the bike has 45000km's on it, it looks extremely clean, no scratches on it whatsoever, the only concern im having is all this talk about the 2nd gear problem....Is this a problem that is guaranteed to happen at some point(a sure thing) or is it more the "luck of the draw" thing. and does 2nd gear totally disappear or does it just kick into neutral every once in a while with this problem?

I really like the look of the bike but don't want to be tearing an engine apart either. im so confused as to whether to pass or buy!!!!

P.S Im suppose to be going to pick it up Sunday, so any quick replies ill very much appreciate.

P.S.S I did try the bike out, I tied giving her a good twist in second gear and it didn't seem to slip, but it was a quick short ride.

Thanks so much for any advice

·
Living The Dream
3,797 Posts
i would pass save up a little more and get a better bike…carbs are just another thing to spend money on later on….but if its cheap enough then and its clean then go for it

·
R6 is a food group.
7 Posts
If in doubt, get it checked out. By a pro who has experience with this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.