Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the story, I was riding and doing a few wheelies and on the way home the speedo / tach started flickering and the rpms were bouncing all over, but the bike did not die. I made it home and took a look at the fuses (all fine) and at the cable connecting to the back of the tach, hoping it was loose but it was also fine. Then a few hours later the tach / speedo were fine again, recieving power and all was good. Then 1 week later due to rain I went to start it and it was dead, I might have caused this because I left the headlights on becuase it was dark when I was working on it and it sat for a week without starting. So I had a friend pop start it with me and it fired up and was fine. I go to grab my helmet and when I get back to the bike the tach is flickering again and the tach is bouncing all over and then shuts off, with not power. Right now when I turn the key on there is no power to it at all. What the hell could this be? Also isnt the rectifier a problem with all R6s if I remember right, and could it be that? thanks in advance if anyone can help b/c I am losing it right now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts