Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Need Help--07' Making Weird Noise While Riding

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  61maysin 
#1 ·
I'm no mechanic, but I'll try to describe this the best I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an 07' R6 (not "s" model) with about 4,000 miles on it. I've had every maintainence done on time at the stealership. I live in Montana and the riding season has just started. I had the bike winterized at the stealership and kept it in the garage.

I've taken it out a few times already, but yesterday I noticed a noise occuring in first and second when I rev the bike and then let off the throttle. It sounds like a tin can rattling somewhere in the front. It only happens If I rev up to 4 or 5K and let off the throttle to slow down. It didn't seem to happen at other RPMs, and it only happens when I am riding. Not if the bike is parked and I rev the engine. Any ideas? (I haven't done any performance mods yet)

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Does yours sound like a tin can is rattling? I'm use to the Yamaha tick and it's never made this noise before. I'm not really sure how else to describe the noise-it sounds like Metal Vibrating and Shaking--not ticking.

Thanks for the input though

Discussion starter · #5 ·
07-warrenty expired like 3 weeks ago. It sounds like someone put 2 tin cans in a bag and is rattling/vibrating them together at utlra fast speeds. It is not a ticking...it is a rattle.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
icepic-I'm in Bozeman (actually lived in Butte for awhile), but I'm transfering to the University of Louisville in a few weeks. If you're up for a ride before then send me a message. (it's suppose to snow tonight...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.