Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 r6 and i'm trying to start my bike but it will not start. Everytime i turn my key it makes clicking noise by where is battery is. Anoher thing my headlights don't work but all other lights work and i check connection and everything was connected so i don't know wat is wrong with my headlights eather. Is anybody knows why it won't start and my headlights will not turn on? i think its something wrong with my battery but i'm not sure.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: Need Help

Yea I would try and charge your battery then get a new one if that doesn't work. The Clicking just sound like a dead battery.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: Need Help

I wouldn't suggest it myself, Use a trickle charger or even just take it up to an autoparts store and let them check it for you, I believe its free.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Push start it...if it fires up and runs, go get a new battery

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
Yeah, your headlights won't turn on until your bike is running. You can jump start your bike from a car, just don't have the car running and just hook up the cables like normal. But it would be best to just have your battery on a charger, and if it is still low or won't take a charge, then you need a new battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts