Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 r6 and my chain is wicked loose and im trying to tighten it. I have the rear wheel jacked off the ground, and i removed the axle bolt. Now when i loosen the adjustment bolts at the end of the swingarm they just loosen and the tire does now move back tightening the chain. I have been pulling with all of my stregth and the tire will not budge, someone please tell me what im doing wrong so i can get back to riding! thank you

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
the 07 you just loosen the axle nut and then turn the chain adjuster bolt. it's not like the older style R6's. it's a lot nicer than messing with the bolt and nut stuff.
where's your owners manual?

you can download it from yamaha's website if you don't have it. all of that simple stuff is in it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't believe you have to remove the axle bolt, just loosen it. Then you make the same amount of turns on both chain adjuster bolts...i.e. 4 turns on the left should also mean 4 turn on the right. I think the swingarm or adjuster bolt bracket has lines to help tell how far the axle has moved. Good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts