Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
track junkie
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just read a thread about power bands???? anybody know what color my 01 has? also I think my bike is broke. I don't hear any "ticking"
:FU:FU:FU:FU:FU:FU:FU

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
Is this a joke? Cause I don't get it....
it's not a joke...you should likely take your bike to a dealer and get the power band checked...if you got your bike new the dealer will know, but if you got it used the bands may have been changed for lesser, cheaper brands by the original owner. if so, your bike could be operating at less than optimum performance :fact

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
right now im running a green powerband..but thats a 2nd gen...not sure about the 01, but i do know if you change out the band on that you have to flush the squidfluid

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
it's not a joke...you should likely take your bike to a dealer and get the power band checked...if you got your bike new the dealer will know, but if you got it used the bands may have been changed for lesser, cheaper brands by the original owner. if so, your bike could be operating at less than optimum performance :fact
exactly, while your at the stealer, tell em' to top off your blinker fluid, and DON'T forget your NOS octane booster, you could be losing a good amount of power without it:*tongue

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I just finished winterizing my bike, blue power band is what yo need for the cold, red power band will do best in warmer climates though.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I took your advice and took it to my local dealership to get my power band checked. They said that it looked like it was in bad shape and was a good thing I brought it in it was black and covered in smog. Bike's there for a couple days because they said it's unsafe to ride and their waiting for the new one to come in.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,250 Posts
Don't let them install one of those Chinese Power Band knock-offs. They don't fit right, the colors don't match and they tend to be short! :fact

·
I eat philly cheese steak
1,417 Posts
I don't even have a bike, but mine is muti-colored....You know, because I'm special...Or something:rolleyes:

If you're not as special as I am, you can get the regular colored Power Band.
:sing

Psssst, they're AMA Approved!!

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
For reference this is boom's multicolored power band. NOT what you want for a bike, because he doesn't have a bike I assume his just puts this on his car rear bumper.

·
1,417 Posts
For reference this is boom's multicolored power band. NOT what you want for a bike, because he doesn't have a bike I assume his just puts this on his car rear bumper.

:secret:comp

·
1,417 Posts
I just got the new titanium power band. Shits not even out yet so yall need to keep it on the down lizzle.
Fo shizzle:fact

:secret I can has titanium power band?

·
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Don't let the stealership nail you! you can easily repair your powerband yourself, I saw a thread on it somewhere in the DIY section... I know you will need spray adhesive, a rubber mallet, and lots of RESPECT 5.0

1 - 20 of 26 Posts