Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad lives with my mom and i live with them iam only 18 no job no money just my bike ... my dad found out i had the bike and he almost killed me cause my brother past away on one ... i told him i was going to keep riding no matter what cause that is what my brother would want ... he disowned me he told me he never wants to talk to me again and he dosnt give a shit about me he kicked me out and i took my bike and left the bike needs paint and new wind deflector but i got no money i fell like ****ing shit iam so stressed out i dunno what to do please help me ... and no iam selling my bike cause i wanna dedicate it to my brother please help me :(

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I would sell the bike for now bro. Your dad must have been through a lot. Your still young. Bikes will always be around, but not our dads.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great advice from 12six. Call him and talk it out. Don't forget that you both lost someone and after such a tragic loss families either become stronger or become a "mess". Don't be the latter. You can always buy a bike when you live on your own. i highly doubt that he doesn't give a shit about you. He's probably still reeling about your brothers passing. Talk to him.

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
Well, if you wanna go the after school special route :)

There'll be plenty of bikes to come. Think about this, your bro died and now it's just you to carry on the family name.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my bro died 3 years ago he was 26 doing what he loved to do he was wheeling and wen he droped the bike he lost controll and hit a light pole punctured lung , liver , broke ribs internal bleeding .... god i ****ing miss him so much and everytime i ride that r6 its like the best feeling in the world !! he also drove a r6 .... :( *** i hate this feeling

·
Sex......Yes Please
697 Posts
sorry to hear about it man but blood is thicker than water. you gotta look at the whole picture here. there are many other ways to dedicate yourself to your brother or honor his life, and you have your whole life to do that. he wouldn't want you to have a bad relationship with your parents based on something that happened to him. you need to take constructive criticism and not take things the wrong way. your parents are older than you, and even though you are 18, still control a lot in your life because you depend on them for financial reasons.

just be a man, admit you made a mistake, get your life in order (in honor of your brother), and a few years down the road when you are financially set, then get a bike and do as you wish. my grandpa once told me that one of the qualities that sets a man apart from a boy is being able to open your ears to things you don't necessarily want to hear and taking them into consideration without getting defensive about it. so man up, do what is best for you and your family, and honor your brother the right way.

·
Will work for tires.
169 Posts
He still loves you, your just scaring the s*** out of him. He already lost one son so I'm damn sure this is killing him too. Figure out a compromise and show him that your trying to be reasonable. But stick to your guns man! Step up, step first and have Ideas before you talk. IE: track riding under controlled conditions etc. Good luck

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost your bro, that blows but i'm guessing your parents wont let this just blow over and eventually let you ride. Sell it and you can always buy another, theres more important things in life right now than that. Do whats best for you and your family...sell it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts