Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal, I recently took of the stock front wheel and went to a guy to get it swapped for a chome one, the exchange program. However, I did not realize that I should have marked the pull out spacers on each side and I also forgot to mark the rotors. Today I got my new chrome wheel, and its mounted and balanced with the new bearings inside the rims, however when I went to put it back on, I could not get one side caliper to fit in there, it just wouldnt go nicely. So I took the wheel back off and swapped the outer spacers, and tried again. No luck. I eventually forced that 1 side caliper over the rotor and tightned everything up, but the wheel wont move. So Im stuck and would love some help here. Does it make a difference if I swapped the rotor sides? Are the outer spacers that just pull out the same size, and does it matter if their swapped? pleae help thanks alot!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
First of all, we need to determine if the wheel won't move because of the brakes, or the axle.

Take the brake calipers off and see if the wheel moves.
IF it does, then your brakes are probably compressed.

Take off the brake pads, take a big flat blade screwdriver, and push the pistons outward to open up the space. You can do this with the pads still on, but you risk chipping your brake pads.

Put the pads back in, and slide the calipers back over the rotors.
Swapping the rotors won't make any difference.

If the brakes aren't the problem, then check your spacers. They should be the same size, but they might be in a little crooked.
Try to determine exactly where the wheel is binding up.

I'm betting it's just the brakes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for the reply. I def will try that out asap, but a friend gave me another thought. He thinks the guy mounted the tire on backwards. Is that even possible? How do I tell and is there anything on the rim to tell you? Thanks again Texas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts