Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a 06 r6s. has exhaust, air box mod so no oil will get on top, bypass the kickstand switch and of course my stunt cage. now here is the problem 2 nights ago i was practicning slow wheelis and towards the end my bike falls straight from 12 to its left side hard. checked everything nothing loose nothing leaking. i go to fire it up and it just cranks doesnt want to turn over. can someone guide me in the right direction as to what i need to do. i really dont want to get rid of my r6s and get a kawi or honda. i checked my #1 spark plug nothing wrong. how do i go about checking the coils and or fuel?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Air box mod so no oil will get on top? What the feck? Never heard of that crap before, but whatever.

Check your fuses, maybe you blew an ignition fuse or something. After that, maybe start checking electrical connectors. Maybe the connector to your fuel pumped popped loose, who knows.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
:(

poor bike

LESSON #1
need 3 things for an engine to run
3 things
1.spark
2.air/fuel mixture
3. compression

this is what you start with when you have no clue what the f**k is going on
once you determine wich one of these is not there you can continue troubleshooting

tune in for next weeks episode
"THE FOUR STROKES(NOT THE ONES YOUR GIRL DOES)"

dont take this as me being an ass im just fckin with ya!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the air box mod prevents the oil from the crank to travel to the airbox and into the throttle bodies causing the motor to hydrolock durring a crash. you pretty much remove the short crank hose and replaced it with a longer tube. disconnect the 2 hoses from the AIS and replace the AIS with a T fitting, connect the 2 hoses that you diconnected from the AIS and hook it up to the T fitting that replaced the AIS. then connect the crank tube to the last part of the T fitting. last plug the airbox were the hoses were diconnected. that is the airbox mod. anyways i checked all of the fuses and there all good. i checked all the connectors, all are plugged propperly. does anyone know how i would go about checking my coils for spark? how i could check for fuel pressure? anybody else got anything that im missing?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
pull a plug wire stuff the spark plug in it and crank it a few times while touching the spark plug to something metal

fuel pressure: can you hear the fuel pump??? yeah, pull the fuel supply line and test it

oh check your pm's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts