Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just installed the CA int. taillight. The two yellow wire for the directionals i connected to the hot directional wires comming from the bike like the instructions stated and nothing happened so i spliced the ground wires into the ground going to the taillight and the blinkers worked but every time i hit the brakes the fuse blows.

What did i do wrong?

Any help would be great

Thanks

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,532 Posts
Ok so i just installed the CA int. taillight. The two yellow wire for the directionals i connected to the hot directional wires comming from the bike like the instructions stated and nothing happened so i spliced the ground wires into the ground going to the taillight and the blinkers worked but every time i hit the brakes the fuse blows.

What did i do wrong?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Sounds like you got your brake light wire grounding out somewhere man, check it out, follow that one.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,532 Posts
Yeah i think its cause i grounded it to the blinkers but without the ground the blinkers dont work
no it's needs it's own ground brotha...
the blinkers also need their own...they are seperate systems

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
446 Posts
The original turnsignal plugs at the back has to have ground. I use to have the tail light also, but did not like how some cagers did not see me signaling maybe because of the angle of the tail. But anyways, doest your new tail light comes with one original plug and four(4) extra wires. (2) black & (2) yellow. If it did, then the black wires go yo the black wires of the original turnsignal wires. And the yellow will be going on green or brown wires one side and the other yellow on the other side. I think those are the colors scheme. You didn't need to splice any wire to share ground. Hope this help. Post pics maybe we can see what maybe wired wrong. GL

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,532 Posts
Heading to the store t get more fuses:D BRB
lol have fun!:nocontrol

I wish I could remember my wires when I hooked up my CA Integrated Tail...

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
446 Posts
I wish I had mine also, so I can see it to help. I threw it away cause it had a couple led that would sometimes work and sometimes don't. So I just went with something I hooked up and I know they see me now. I actually notice a cager slow down when I hit my signal, plus when it flash fast oh yeah they see it. I like it, different.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok heres the update:

I put a new fuse in and disconnected the blinker ground wires and now the brake lights work and the left directional but not the right

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
446 Posts
What about the front? Are they working fine. If so, use the same wire from the CA int. to the other right directional wire see if it works or if you are getting juice. It will still blink left if you are getting juice. If it is then just tie the other yellow to that right directional wire. And put the other one back to the left. I will go outside and take a few pics so you can show us how you wired it by editing the pic.

GL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.