Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im new to the forum. heard about it from a friend. Um i just wrecked my brand new 08 R6S a couple days ago. Just got outta the hospital. Fin sand is a killer. Im just lookin for a place to get all new plastics. I mean evreything. The bike isnt totaled but every plastic piece is shot. The front cowl, fairings, the back fender (the seats) is snapped in half...yea i could go on. Any help would mean a lot. either reply here or my email is [email protected] Thanks in advance for any help. O and wear a helmet, its the only thing that kept me alive.:jacked

·
DallasKrew.com
1,761 Posts
sorry to hear bro.glad you are still in one piece..the best place to look for fairings is either ebay and the other forums. Many members here have had to replace their fairings once or twice..and always gear up like you said..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey all, Im new to the forum. heard about it from a friend. Um i just wrecked my brand new 08 R6S a couple days ago. Just got outta the hospital. Fin sand is a killer. Im just lookin for a place to get all new plastics. I mean evreything. The bike isnt totaled but every plastic piece is shot. The front cowl, fairings, the back fender (the seats) is snapped in half...yea i could go on. Any help would mean a lot. either reply here or my email is [email protected] Thanks in advance for any help. O and wear a helmet, its the only thing that kept me alive.:jacked
do u live in paducah??? and if so pm me and i can help you on your bike bro. i have the same bike o my name is derick

·
Registered
237 Posts
???

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've got 08 R6 complete tail section for sale. I'm not sure if it fits the R6S but if you find it out it can and your interested, let me know. It's in blue btw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just to help you out the '03-'05 R6 is the same model as the newer R6S models.

Pics would be great too, I'm sure there are things broke/bent you haven't even noticed that we can point out.

Why would you buy a brand new bike as your first?? Anyway, get better soon! Crashing sucks!

Nick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the the help so far guys. I live in southern NH. Money is kinda tight right now so im just kinda lookin for info i guess. I appreciate the offers on cheap parts. I just dont know when im gonna start the rebuild. I gotta figure out what the hospital bills and such are gonna cost. I was in the hospital for 2 days with a fractured hip a bump on the head and a bruised ego. As for why I bought a brand new bike for my first bike? Um.. i duno I shopped around and liked the bike. I didnt get the bike to go out and be stupid, ive rode before on friends bikes and i respect the power of them completely. I wasnt bein stupid it was just a combination of being tired and a crappy road. i was commin into a corner and was slowin down with the foot brake and hit a pot hole that i didnt see. Which in turn made me push on the foot brake harder than expected. The tires were still cold and there was gravel everywhere. The tire locked up and started to slide out. I thought i had it recovered but as soon as i let off the brake it grabbed and just threw me off the bike. Shit happens. I just dont get why buying a new bike as my first really has any relavence. But anyway thanks again for your replies. Ill try and get pics up as soon as i can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take your time and heal up first. I was outa work for 5 months after my wreck that I'm still $30K in dept from just medical bills (dont have health insurnace and due to my choice of employment being a bartender, disability didn't pay much either). Hopefully once my lawsuit is finalized I'll be in a much better situation.

Anyway, I think the majority of sportbike riders (at least the guys I know and myself) all use the front brake 99.9% of the time when braking and rarely use the rear unless coming to a really abrubt stop or for a unique situations (also consider this is for street riding and not on a track. Sport bikes are amazing machines, the only people I see consistantly using rear brakes are cruiser guys who aren't going all that fast in the first place and need to slow down more since theire machines dont handle well in a corner)
I'm not saying you dont know what you are doing but I was curious as to why you bought a brand new bike as your first (the body style is the same as an '03 R6 which you could have picked up for much less). Its just my opinion but I'm also the type of guy who perfers used machines.

Nick

·
'07 MV AGUSTA F4 1000R
1,112 Posts
^^^^1++ :D Im with him bro...buying a new bike from a dealer as your first was a bad move. Well i never buy from a dealer period. but that's just me :D wish you fast recovery and finding all the parts...by the way....this is the BEST forum on the net!!! :toocool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea bro thanks for the concern about what brake i was using. Yea i know about the front brake. I use it 99% of the time as well. I was just touchin the foot brake just slowin up a little. As I said in my post i hit a pothole on the road that i didnt see that made me kinda jolt off balance and hit the foot brake. But hey ya thanks for the ridin lesson. Ill take care of gettin the bike fixed. thanks to all that had useful info and remeber dont buy a new bike for your first one its a bad idea.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yea bro thanks for the concern about what brake i was using. Yea i know about the front brake. I use it 99% of the time as well. I was just touchin the foot brake just slowin up a little. As I said in my post i hit a pothole on the road that i didnt see that made me kinda jolt off balance and hit the foot brake. But hey ya thanks for the ridin lesson. Ill take care of gettin the bike fixed. thanks to all that had useful info and remeber dont buy a new bike for your first one its a bad idea.
:toocool: yea my bike was a 2008 r6s i never had a bike befor 2 so hop your get your bike going bro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts