Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i need a little help. I currently have a 2008 yamaha R6 its been a great bike. But i want something more for cruising that is still sporty a naked bike. I have always wanted a monster and love the 796. I am an intermediate rider. I dont push bikes to the limit so handling is more important than speed to me. I still want a powerful bike though. So i have come up with the FZ9 or 796 i will be buying either new. If i get a FZ9 i will be getting a stoltec suspension upgrade. The ducati is a bit overpriced but is it that much slower etc than the FZ9. need opinions as i have owned neither of thee bikes. thank you.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
FZ9 all the way.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
if you can get your hands on a monster 1100 you will love that thing...so much power

fz9 has a lot of power as well surprisingly but id prefer a streetfighter or a monster over it(looks wise plays a big part in my decision as well)

·
Registered
211 Posts
FZ-09 with upgraded suspension.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I posted it in fz9 forum also. I posted here because I wanted less biased opinions and I currently own an r6.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
dry clutch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to test drive both. The FZ9 is a great bargain for the money but i felt nothing for it. It just looked like a parts bin bike. I know its a good bike though. The ducati while less power just fit my body much better. Maybe because im coming from an R6 but i fell in love in person. If i didnt have to upgrade the FZ9 suspension etc i would probably get it. But Since the 796 is good to go off the floor i decided to get it. I only drive very little week end type riding so i dont need a commuter bike anyways.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
good choice...it has very comfy ergos...ride safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up a fz as a second bike. I wasalso on the fence with a few italian machines and the fz. I ride alot, no less than 10k a season, and thats what led me to the yamaha. Getting the valves checked 1 season (Italian) vs 2 seaons (Japanese). Thats was 1 grand saved per season on top of the initial investment. A guy wouldnt go wrong with either, but maintenance on 2 bikes will make my wallet thin as it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts