Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i was riding down the expressway today at about 80. My bike started to make a weird noise so i got off the gas and 2 seconds later my bike had shut of and was coasting down the e-way. Thought the chain snapped, then realized the clutch wasn't working. Loaded it up in a truck and bought it home to realize the damage. Opened the oil fill to find pieces of clutch plates everywhere. Weird thing is the clutch has never slipped on me or caused me any trouble. I know i will need new plates, guessing im gonna need a new basket. Will be taking it apart this weekend and know for sure. Going to flush engine with oil and pull the oil pan also.

Was wanting to know what everyone is running for there clutch plates, EBC, O.E.M., or any other brand?

Or if anyone has any other ideas to what could of happened to cause this A.K.A. spun rod or siezed

Attachments

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Oem or ebc.
Have you ever done any work to the clutch?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Just buy the OEM parts. They aren't that expensive. Shouldn't set you back much more than 200 bucks if you do it yourself. It isn't a really hard thing to change, either. If I can do it, it obviously isnt THAT hard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on fixing it my self, know that its not too hard. And I have never had the clutch apart/messed with since i bought the bike with 4,000 miles, it has 14,000 miles now.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
Buy the factory clutch kit. WAY cheaper then buying all the pieces by themselves
2006-2012 R6 clutch kit 2C0-W001G-00-00 MSRP 192.99. Same kit sold by the piece MSRP 296.75
this.
or ebc kit..

OP: i would get a manual while you are at it.. there are some steps involved in measuring correct stack height. In case you don't know what that is, there are LOTS of threads on this topic. But if you don't know what it is, you will wonder what the extra metal plates are for.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
The worst parts of the clutch change is putting the cover back on and aligning the little nub on the cover to slide in with out falling.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
The worst parts of the clutch change is putting the cover back on and aligning the little nub on the cover to slide in with out falling.
so true ! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts