Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Im Rick James!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I've been researching R6s for a little while now and I've narrowed it down to ONE last problem:

What freakin year am I going to purchase??

I want something I can put a lot of aftermarket parts on, but Im not looking to race or anything like that.

I like 2003 so far...but the oldest I'll get is 2k1. Looking to spend no more than 4k.

I found a 2k3 for 1,800 and almost screamed like Elmira from "Tiny Toon Adventures" (Remember that???) when she saw a cute lil animal.

So thats what Im going with so far. Point me in the right direction, R6ers!

SLICK

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
BaileyMotorSports said:
Find a lowsided 2003 for 4k.
A good 2003 still goes for around 5k, by good I mean perfect and low mileage.
lol...the minor scratches from the bike falling on the garage kind of bike

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
You'll like the 03. It's basically what I have (08 R6S). It is a great handling bike with great power and all that other great stuff. I just came over from the dark side (Suzuki) and I'm quite content with the Yamaha.

·
Im Rick James!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slam said:
the s is the non racing version. you have probably mostly been seeing the race ready r6.
Is there a noticable difference in between the two? How can I tell?

I smell links coming.....give em to me!

·
Ridin' dirty...
155 Posts
<3 my '03 R6. Used to ride a CBR, but I'm absolutely in love with my new baby.

I got a pretty solid deal, she doesn't appear to have ever been dumped and she only had 1500 miles. $4775, and all that she absolutely NEEDED was new tires (the ones on it were hard and just concerned me in terms of safety). I found mine on Craigslist, I searched for a couple months and finally got lucky. Couldn't be happier, I have ridden her every single day since I brought her home (except for last night cuz it was raining).

·
Reppin' that 405
278 Posts
i found a 2004 that been slide on the side in some gras.. guy ended up selling it to me for 2k..has less than 4,000 miles.

dont get frustrated cause you cant find one. just keep looking for the one. good luck bro!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts