Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 r6 and it has been flashed i will list it below, but what kind of quick shifter kit would i need because the bike is tuned for one it just dosnt have a sensor, is that all i need?
Remove Throttle-by-Wire restrictions
– Standard engine braking reduction
– Disable Injector Decel Cut
– Professional fuel map modification to suit aftermarket exhaust
– Removal of all gear based or speed dependent restrictions, TRE
– Optimized timing maps for 91+ octane
– Disable AIS valve (always closed)
– Reduce Fan Temps 205°F
– Enable ECU based Quickshifter Input
– Bypass EXUP valve
– Speedometer Calibration

·
Touchdown!
1,441 Posts
Any QS with four or more stars out of five based on at least five different reviewers. Opinions vary. Marketing does too.

·
Touchdown!
1,441 Posts
Almost anything electrical and mechanical can be done with money, time, and resources. Racers have done it on '06s before, so yes, its doable. Some of them have discussed it right here on this forum I believe. There will be extra components and computer stuffs involved, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost anything electrical and mechanical can be done with money, time, and resources. Racers have done it on '06s before, so yes, its doable. Some of them have discussed it right here on this forum I believe. There will be extra components and computer stuffs involved, though.
Yeah I pretty much have it to an understanding I mainly focusing on a quick shift right now and I know I have it enabled through the EC you I just wanted to make sure the one I was going to get will work for my bike

·
nova r6
3,247 Posts
Who was the flash done by? Did they use FTECU or Woolich? You mention throttle by wire restrictions so I guess its a "R" or "V" model, with it being throttle by wire any of the aftermarket quick and blipper setups will work. In the past we set up one that had the FTECU quickshifter to the ecu and then the translogic blipper, but they already had the quickshifter. If you want both and have neither I would suggest getting the full up and downshift kit vs splitting the two for setup reasons. There are a few other companies that make quickshifters and blipper setups but in my opinion the translogic works best on the R6

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who was the flash done by? Did they use FTECU or Woolich? You mention throttle by wire restrictions so I guess its a "R" or "V" model, with it being throttle by wire any of the aftermarket quick and blipper setups will work. In the past we set up one that had the FTECU quickshifter to the ecu and then the translogic blipper, but they already had the quickshifter. If you want both and have neither I would suggest getting the full up and downshift kit vs splitting the two for setup reasons. There are a few other companies that make quickshifters and blipper setups but in my opinion the translogic works best on the R6
Ok thank you that makes sense. And im not sure i think its FTECU. I had it done by 2weel dynoworks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yess it was FTECU so dose that mean i need there quickshifter and when you say get a full up and down kit do you mean a power shifter

·
nova r6
3,247 Posts
Not a power shifter like oldschool dragbikes that use air to jam the gears, a quickshifter and autoblipper uses a dual direction sensor that will up and downshift without using the clutch. But if you just want a quickshifter the FTECU quickshifter will work just fine. Companies like IRC and translogic sell their own standalone quickshifters and blipper kits

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Not a power shifter like oldschool dragbikes that use air to jam the gears, a quickshifter and autoblipper uses a dual direction sensor that will up and downshift without using the clutch. But if you just want a quickshifter the FTECU quickshifter will work just fine. Companies like IRC and translogic sell their own standalone quickshifters and blipper kits
So between the FTECU quick shifter or trans logic quick shifter
which ones better. And since my bike is tuned will the trans logic shifter or irc quick shifter with the standalone work on my bike

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought a Translogic, very smooth and precise. Got it after reading reviews/recommendations here. Couldn’t be happier. My bike is a different gen, but I’m sure the quality of their product is unchanged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts